What did you do to your TJ today?

No. I was instructed via this forum that JB Weld wouldn’t work... So I didn’t even try it.

Used a combination of heat, trying to use pound an oversided Torx nut into the stripped opening, using a Dremel to create a slot for a flat head, using heat and using a bolt extractor.

Bolt extractor worked on first one... Finally drilled through the second one...

All I know is that I will be able to install the Morryde hinge system when I recover from this hangover... At some point...

Finished lift install.

056C56D1-32DA-46F5-B47B-3567A5E952BB.jpeg

C997BC5F-955D-4400-8480-1F272EF90BC5.jpeg

No. I was instructed via this forum that JB Weld wouldn’t work... So I didn’t even try it.

Used a combination of heat, trying to use pound an oversided Torx nut into the stripped opening, using a Dremel to create a slot for a flat head, using heat and using a bolt extractor.

Bolt extractor worked on first one... Finally drilled through the second one...

All I know is that I will be able to install the Morryde hinge system when I recover from this hangover... At some point...
So everything pretty much went as planned, perfect!

I learned pretty early on while living in Denver (pre interweb days), that when the map said it was a 2 hr drive, in actuality it was a four hour drive. That's how I think when I'm working on my TJ. That way, if I finish under double what it should have taken then I'm happy w/ the results.

Ransacked both of mine....my Smith and Wesson M and P pistol has come up missing. I'm freaking out.

Don't anybody ask me "where is the last place you had it?" If I knew that, I'd go there and get it.

Actually I put it in the Jeep Saturday evening, drove to @Hog....it either was stolen out of it in my yard that night or at a gas station the next morning. I'm very conscious with guns, so this has really got me racking my brain.

yes they are.
Turns out that they took an original OEM switch and remade it. You can easily remove the actual rocker from an OEM one and the aftermarket one and swap them.
All you have to do is use a #30 drill on the left hole so that the aftermarket switch can fit.
OEM housing, aftermarket rocker.

original on the left.

View attachment 189551

View attachment 189552

View attachment 189553

Correct on the drilling. The Oem switch tabs are different sizes. The aftermarket ones are the same size.

the aftermarket switches are stock white plastic that is painted black so the text lights up. Even with original lights. I put the 6500 led super white ones in mine.

my aftermarket ones were the Gold Coast Distributing.

I'll be damned, I had no idea this was possible until you posted it earlier. I pulled a couple switches I had laying around to see about doing this. I have a couple XJ foglight switches that I'm going to put the aftermarket switch tabs on for my windshield lights and rear lights. I have a green NEO-4 LED in my O/D OFF switch and it shows up well. I think I'll put red in the Windshield and Rear Light switches as kind of like a warning since they are pretty blinding.

KC 1.JPGKC 2.JPGKC 3.JPG

WSL 1.JPGWSL 2.JPGWSL 3.JPG

Ransacked both of mine....my Smith and Wesson M and P pistol has come up missing. I'm freaking out.

Don't anybody ask me "where is the last place you had it?" If I knew that, I'd go there and get it.

Actually I put it in the Jeep Saturday evening, drove to @Hog....it either was stolen out of it in my yard that night or at a gas station the next morning. I'm very conscious with guns, so this has really got me racking my brain.

Sorry to hear of your loss...
Several questions...

Do people know people know you keep your gun in the Jeep ?
Do they know where you keep the gun in the Jeep ?
Is the gun visible when looking thru the windows ?
Is the gun locked up in the Jeep ? Probably not since you would have said that the lock was broken.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Sorry to hear of your loss...
Several questions...

Do people know people know you keep your gun in the Jeep ?
Do they know where you keep the gun in the Jeep ?
Is the gun visible when looking thru the windows ?
Is the gun locked up in the Jeep ? Probably not since you would have said that the lock was broken.
I don't even drive it enough for people to know ...and typically I lock it ...we just got in from Hogs so late I can't remember ... I tend to keep it in my work truck and I keep one in the house because I wasn't doing a good job of bringing it in the house at night consistently... Or remembering to take it with me when I left the next day...

So I keep a Beretta in the house and I keep my Smith in the truck...and I got to jumping into my Jeep and playing around trying to enjoy the last of this good weather.

One of my workers told me that he thinks I had it with me Sunday evening I'm my Black 06 , when he rode with me to put a coat of finish on an island top I've built my wife.

That would mean I switched it over as I was going from one Jeep to the other Sunday ...so I'm going to recheck that one or see if I set it down somewhere as I transferred it.

What does bother me is the fact that I could have misplaced it and not been conscious of it..I don't like mindless behavior in myself.

I don't even drive it enough for people to know ...and typically I lock it ...we just got in from Hogs so late I can't remember ... I tend to keep it in my work truck and I keep one in the house because I wasn't doing a good job of bringing it in the house at night consistently... Or remembering to take it with me when I left the next day...

So I keep a Beretta in the house and I keep my Smith in the truck...and I got to jumping into my Jeep and playing around trying to enjoy the last of this good weather.

One of my workers told me that he thinks I had it with me Sunday evening I'm my Black 06 , when he rode with me to put a coat of finish on an island top I've built my wife.

That would mean I switched it over as I was going from one Jeep to the other Sunday ...so I'm going to recheck that one or see if I set it down somewhere as I transferred it.

What does bother me is the fact that I could have misplaced it and not been conscious of it..I don't like mindless behavior in myself.

Even though you may not like the mindless behavior; lets just hope you laid the gun down somewhere while transferring it between the two vehicles and it is still there instead of the alternative that some unknown person ended up with it...

Even though you may not like the mindless behavior; lets just hope you laid the gun down somewhere while transferring it between the two vehicles and it is still there instead of the alternative that some unknown person ended up with it...
Absolutely.

And since it has the tactical trigger I've only got a dummy blank in the chamber.... But in a situation like this everything goes through your mind

Reactions: Welding Goats
Absolutely.

And since it has the tactical trigger I've only got a dummy blank in the chamber.... But in a situation like this everything goes through your mind
U still haven’t located it??