What did you do to your TJ today?

Put in some ventilation.

View attachment 190347
I think a lot of us would like it if you could report some real data on temperature improvement. I am thinking of it but would probably do a one piece set up similar to what Poison Spyder has. I have cylinder 3 misfire after a short shutdown and I have burned my hands on the hood/prop rod too many times.

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, when you say “drilled through” like completely? I have two bolts that aren’t budging, I haven’t tried heat or welding yet. People keep telling me to drill through them lol

No worries here... Pretty much have already figured out that I am the complete idiot... Good luck with competing with me on that account...

The second to the last one, I was able to finally get the bolt extractor to grab and remove the bolt. On the last one, I was unable to get a bolt extractor to grab hold and ultimately ended up drilling out the bolt to the point that I was able to just move the hinge away and remove the remainder of the bolt with a pair of plyers. Sorry I don’t have a pic of the leftover bolt, pretty sure that will be found down the alley by some advanced culture at some point...

I just kept drilling to try and get an extractor bit to hold until I got to the point that I could tell that I “drilled through” and the hinge was free.

It was a bit unnerving at the time until I remembered that it didn’t really matter if I drilled through the hinge as I was going to replace it anyway.

Hope this helps you and good luck with your project!

IMG_7084.jpeg
IMG_7082.jpeg
IMG_7085.jpeg

I used some Penetrol on the faded plastics last week; gas filler bezel and license plate holder. Results were so good that I did the third brake light today and it turned out great. Even cleared up the lens.
7EE26690-7347-4922-BEAA-525767034C59.jpeg
A1C29575-F918-4F62-8629-924653D23DF6.jpeg
71668DFF-D6CA-4C8F-A452-57BE3FC94A90.jpeg
E8E3DADA-3F6D-4E1E-B448-9C537F9BC168.jpeg

Then of course caught the Jeep during a killer sunset after a wash so I had to take an obligatory photo.
ECD75CEA-5D4D-4DA8-9336-8D6B158C7BC8.jpeg

I used some Penetrol on the faded plastics last week; gas filler bezel and license plate holder. Results were so good that I did the third brake light today and it turned out great. Even cleared up the lens.
View attachment 190372View attachment 190373View attachment 190371View attachment 190370

Then of course caught the Jeep during a killer sunset after a wash so I had to take an obligatory photo.
View attachment 190374
I bet this is as nice if a green Sahara that can be found....I'm so glad someone got it that knows how to take care of it.

I ordered my remaining 3 front Johnny Joints so that I'm all current with no mixed parts at the front axle for my ' 03. @Hog keeps telling me it's 4/20 when I say Joint. He's trying to subvert me or something. TJ's are habit forming enough...so is hanging out with him. He's a great bud, we are constantly playing off each other on ideas. I'm going to see him next week if he lifts the restraining order.

On the gun, @Chief Brohican gave me a nice under seat lock box from Bestop.....and I was putting my checkbook and gun there because I planned to drive it the day my truck was getting the delete work, and they both wouldn't fit..so I put the checkbook in the lock box and set the gun in its holster on top.... something I'd never done.

Now you have another armed lunatic on in Alabama. Actually I still was, keep the Beretta by the bed.

I'm not a gun nut...my son collects some nice stuff, I'm more of a "I'd hate to use it / Lord I hope I never have to/ will in a heartbeat to protect my family" kind of guy . I live in a rural area, fairly nice...but a typical example is my neighbor across the street has been on a downhill slide for 3 decades...I sat in the yard and watched "Cops" til 2 in the morning one night this summer. 7 cars over there I think.

Thankfully I don't have many enemies, just mostly the folks that get on here that want to run 35's on a 4 cylinder and snorkels.

Remember , peace is that quiet time when everyone is reloading.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.

sahara flare cracks.jpeg

SAHARA NEW.jpg

Looks like you bent a rear flare with those cracks. I didn't set up my rear bump stops correctly and bashed a tire into my Sahara flare. Cost me $100 to have it painted to match perfectly.

Last edited:
Well after the vent install I can say that the engine temp sticks right at 210. It does not fluctuate as much as before, which wasn't much to begin with. The transmission tunnel is way cooler. It could be because I turned the extra two vents on the center to face forward. As far as opening the hood, hot is hot. I can open it without burning my hand, but I never tried before the vents. There is plenty of heat escaping the hood now. So I have more confidence that I'm at least saving wiring and components from too much heat.

20200916_172458.jpg

I bet this is as nice if a green Sahara that can be found....I'm so glad someone got it that knows how to take care of it.
Thanks Andy! Once you get closer the imperfections really start to show. It’s definitely a 5’ vehicle.

View attachment 190433

View attachment 190432
Looks like you bent a rear flare with those cracks. I didn't set up my rear bump stops correctly and bashed a tire into my Sahara flare. Cost me $100 to have it painted to match perfectly.
Damage from the PO. He wheeled it pretty good before I got it and all of the flares were in pretty rough shape all around. I’m ok with it though because I don’t worry about getting scratches like I would if they were perfect 👍

Attempted to fix my non working reverse lights and found this mystery. Anyone have any ideas as to what it is?

View attachment 190326
Is yours a manual? I thought I saw a pic of a similar connector in another thread, and they said the wiring was for an auto, and they just capped it in the manuals. I'm still learning about TJs though, so don't quote me.