What did you do to your TJ today?

There's a dead pedal for a Mustang that's a popular option too. Do a search here and you should find some photos of that one. Soon after I bought my LJ I realized that a dead pedal would be really nice, and I poked around and found several threads about them.
I've seen the mustang option but I don't think it bolts right up like the one you linked does.

Put in some ModPods with 5 1/4 Polks. Way better than the 4x6. Also replaced the head unit with an Alpine.

20200924_132929.jpg

Better yet, if you have a paint can opener, you know the one from home depot that comes with the can? You can push it behind the crank and it will grab right onto the clip spring. I found that out when I did some investigation on my hard to roll down window.
Did you figure out how to make the window easier to roll?

Did you figure out how to make the window easier to roll?

Mine still had the plastic on underneath in really good shape and I didn't want to go through the process of replacing it. So I left it for now, my left arm is very toned as a result.

In the future I plan on replacing the rubber seal that the window comes through, as I think that is the source of the issue (it is SUPER easy to roll up when it rains and the screeching noise goes away). The crank moves great, its the friction from the glass that's the problem. From what I could see there was plenty of grease in there.

View attachment 191874
Made up a power harness for the GMRS radio. Plugs in series with existing CB radio wring, adds filtration which probably won't do a darn thing, and splits power off for the GMRS. If I did everything right, it should just plug in...
It's Greek to me....

Decided the LJ has been sitting long enough after getting it back from the body/paint shop so I drove it all day give it a washing with that turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic wash and wax. Followed the instructions, one panel at a time, watch for the water beading off, etc. Would have taken a picture of the finished product but I started too late and it was dark by the time I finished🤦‍♂️

With that being said does anyone recommend a certain brand of undercoating for the wheel wells of the front fenders?

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
I replaced the worn out full door exterior door handles and while I was at it I reversed the handles so they open like the half door or the Cj They work like they should. I feel that my ride is now complete. I can live with the obnoxious lifter knock and the stock tires and no lift. I don't need a stroker I don't need a lift or even tires with any tread on them. Having handle that point the way they feel like they should has completed my ride.

WOW thanks team Wrangler forums for the encouragement to make that swap.

I am a happy , happy guy. I put new 3 1/2" RockCrawler springs on the rear of my 03.

It started with a post of Blaine's about how being level left no sag for cargo, and from there I noticed it really was only level topless and low with the hardtop on . I had no earthly idea how loose the old springs were and how much they were messing up the entire driving/handling package. So much more stable on back roads. Rides much smoother. Steers better. Really a huge change.

I need to take a bigger view on all my handling-steering advice/spout offs.

I'm coming to the place "everything matters." Not saying everything needs replaced, but it all overlaps to some extent . All of it. All 42 bushings (16 control arm, 6 on the front shocks, 4 on rear shocks, 4 on the track bars and 12 on the sway bars and links ) , the shocks , the tires, the springs and of course the geometry and alignment . Even seats matter. @Hogs Sahara seats are so much more plush than Whitey the Intrepid Rubicons seats.

Moving along, RC is ready for winter but is still ready to drop the top for this weekend's 80 degree weather.
The red spiderweb looks awesome, maybe @Hog will post the pic if it from the rear I sent him recently.

Now I'm chasing a weird weird noise on deceleration in the 03 ...not constant...but it's a rough noise from the front when I press on the clutch and get worse when I apply the brakes ....brakes are great...I hope it isn't front pinion related.

The remaining 3 Johnny joints are in the passenger set, so I'm getting it checked out Monday when they go in if I don't find it today.

Headed to a dove hunt. The birds are pretty safe with me around.