What did you do to your TJ today?

Just put the new G2 hammer diff cover on.

KIMG4288.JPG

Went for a long relaxing drive looking at the fall colors that are going away already.

Really like how the Jeep stands and drives today. The height is really perfect for everyday driving. @David Kishpaugh did a really stellar job setting up the custom midarm with 3" lift with custom shocks from @pcoplin. I'm truly lucky to have my Jeep locally worked on by such nice and such talented people.

Still have few more things to take care of and then my build will be over. Hoping to get "finally finished" by end of the year.

View attachment 198650

View attachment 198651

View attachment 198652
That lifts mount points really looks like my 03 ...are the rear upper and lower control arms mounted together at the frame, side by side?

Ordered a switch to direct wire the new rear lights on the white 03 , and picked up oil and filter.

Rust Reformer treated the cut bumper ends on the 06 's SkinCrawler bumper , installed Stableseat bushings in both seats (a great improvement for the cost...sloppy seats creep up on you...it will surprise you how much better it sits and how much quieter it can be )

Put the top for what I believe to be the last time this year, left the windows out and went for gas and an errand...

.....the smell of woodsmoke filled the cab, the Eagle's "Take it to the limit " came on, and life was perfect for 3:05 seconds.

Man. Nice Jeep. I'm envious. I like the switch to black flares. I never liked that stock semi matching color.

Your Jeep is my dream Jeep. LJ, khaki color, at and 4.0. I would be good to go. Thats what my next Jeep is.
Thanks brother! I actually kind of dug the matching colors lol I think that was primarily a 05 LJ package. The khaki wasn’t my fav color but after having it now it grew on me quickly. Everyone seems to prefer it to the black as well.

installed Stableseat bushings in both seats (a great improvement for the cost...sloppy seats creep up on you...it will surprise you how much better it sits and how much quieter it can be )
No surprise my seat bushings are gone but I don't notice the seats being wobbly, just difficult to slide. Did the new bushings help with that? I would certainly think so.

Reactions: AndyG
Finally got my Bartact seat covers and installed them. I had a set on my TJ so I knew I wanted another set. This time I ordered the rear seat also as it is much more usable in the LJ. I was hoping the Bartact "graphite" color was the same as the Hothead "graphite" color but the headliner is darker. I like the look very much but if I was to do it again I would get the headliner in the lighter grey color.

IMG_6032.jpeg

Finally got my Bartact seat covers and installed them. I had a set on my TJ so I knew I wanted another set. This time I ordered the rear seat also as it is much more usable in the LJ. I was hoping the Bartact "graphite" color was the same as the Hothead "graphite" color but the headliner is darker. I like the look very much but if I was to do it again I would get the headliner in the lighter grey color.

View attachment 199017

Don't even worry about it, or mention it to anyone in person. Why? Because looking at that picture I would have thought the headliner and the seat covers were about the same, just looks different because the seats are getting more light.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper

View attachment 199017
I don't like when things don't match either. Sell me those covers for half price.;) Looks great.

No surprise my seat bushings are gone but I don't notice the seats being wobbly, just difficult to slide. Did the new bushings help with that? I would certainly think so.
Yes they make the entire track and lift mechanism feel really great... I declare the seats fill firmer... I know that sounds nuts.