What did you do to your TJ today?

Yeah I tried that and rest my RIGHT foot outside the door...My jeep didn't move and inch haha
That must suck. Reason I put mine in was my doors are off all summer, in the winter my left foot doesn't know what to do.
But you don't really have winter, you could drive w/ your left foot 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
That must suck. Reason I put mine in was my doors are off all summer, in the winter my left foot doesn't know what to do.
But you don't really have winter, you could drive w/ your left foot 🤷‍♂️
Yes I could drive with my left as long as I didn't have to worry about the clutch haha

Bought a 4 pack of black chair leg deals and installed one over my on board air fitting up front.

I like this thread, but boy I feel like I'm really struggling to find something of value to post.

Sorta, like .....today, I tightened my valve stems.... tomorrow I plan to armor all my spare ....

I guess this is a sign of that brief period of time we think we are satisfied, or have it about where we want it, the illusion it's done .....while the folks that sell all the aftermarket parts are grinning ear to ear and stocking the shelves.

In a honesty, the last 2.5 years on here have been really fun, tinkering with a toy has been really enjoyable, I did that as a teen for years...it was called " having a car " in my family...if you wanted one, go get it and get it running.

Meeting @Hog and his gang has been a real bonus, he's a great bud. Really good folks.

I am really satisfied with my white 03 , it's not at all the ultimate Rubi, I know better. It runs good, drives nice, looks cool , and has a good overall accessory package- the bumpers and rock bars make a nice all around consistent look, and it's totally functional front to back, isn't butchered anywhere and is overall solid. I'm thankful to have it.

I also like that it's nice enough to turn heads, at the same time not so pristine you can't get it off road and enjoy it. And, like any Rubicon, it will get it done off road.

I'm going to run a new lead for the new rear LEDs with some wire I found that is proper gauge but heavily sheathed, and call it good for a while.

I am curious about those stock size stereo receivers that the screen comes out and stands up.. how hard are those to wire in and are they worth having.

Last edited:
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Wow! An ejector switch for every seat...in every car within 20 feet!
Nice work.

What's that toy in the background of the next-to-lat pic?
Thanks man! That my friend is our homebuilt 1980s CBR 500r go-kart.
IMG-20180817-WA0003-01.jpeg

So... Today I tightened my valve stems, and armor-all'ed my spare tire. Naw, I got about 2/3rds through cleaning the gunky clay-like grease out of the gearbox of my M8000 winch. And realized that for some reason, like an idiot, I only ordered one gearbox gasket when the thing takes two!

I also need to change my blinker fluid and repack my muffler bearings...

We're trying to get rid of it in Florida as well, but it requires a law change at the federal level, and we have too many idiots in Washington who say "Why mess with what works?" - IT DOESN'T FUCKING "WORK", STUPIDEST IDEA EVER!
I always understood that the whole daylight savings thing was originally for the farmers. Have daylight in the am. But I too agree it SUCKS, especially since I work nights.

got motivated while the kids were having bath time and revisited the driveline harmonics Ive been dealing with for over a year. checked the rear driveshaft was at 15 degree and rear diff at 16.5. Not sure how that happened......probably the sculpin IPAs when I put the adjustable arms on...at any rate adjusted to axle 16+ and rear diff 16-. took for a quick spin on the freeway and a tiny bit of harmonics around 55-60 otherwise nice and smooth. Should have done that a long time ago.....

got motivated while the kids were having bath time and revisited the driveline harmonics Ive been dealing with for over a year. checked the rear driveshaft was at 15 degree and rear diff at 16.5. Not sure how that happened......probably the sculpin IPAs when I put the adjustable arms on...at any rate adjusted to axle 16+ and rear diff 16-. took for a quick spin on the freeway and a tiny bit of harmonics around 55-60 otherwise nice and smooth. Should have done that a long time ago.....
If you can have the shaft about 1 degree downward for torque lift you usually end up good. So often solutions are so close. Good move...vibes damage things eventually.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Do you think closer to 1 degree could possibly eliminate all vibration? I might try getting closer to that 1 degree mark, . I read on here with the double cardin you can run the rear axle between 0-1 degree under, but to shoot for 1/2 degree which I think Im about as close as possibly with my degree finder.