What did you do to your TJ today?

Anybody know of a good engine lock to stop thieves?

IMG_20201119_131205.jpg

So I put my hardtop on a couple weeks ago because it's nice and I like having the option, but it was super sun faded. So I took a little time last week to douse the thing in Penetrol which helped bring the color back, but left a streaky finish. So last night I went over it with a buffer and some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound to smooth out the streaks and bring it completely back to life.

I put the details in my build thread.

Before:
IMG_0877.jpg

After:
IMG_0953.jpg
IMG_0955.jpg
IMG_0956.jpg
IMG_0957.jpg

So I put my hardtop on a couple weeks ago because it's nice and I like having the option, but it was super sun faded. So I took a little time last week to douse the thing in Penetrol which helped bring the color back, but left a streaky finish. So last night I went over it with a buffer and some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound to smooth out the streaks and bring it completely back to life.

Before:
View attachment 204521

After:
View attachment 204530View attachment 204541View attachment 204542View attachment 204543
What a transformation. Looks great.

Reactions: Jamison C
I'm doing the body and paint on my LJ and today I got to drive 5 km across town to have a windshield installed in the new frame. We were at 0*C when I left so I wore my warmest mask. I'm waving here to my son who took the pic but I also got to give a "Jeep wave" to a few startled Jeepers along the way.

20-11-19 3.JPG

I'm doing the body and paint on my LJ and today I got to drive 5 km across town to have a windshield installed in the new frame. We were at 0*C when I left so I wore my warmest mask. I'm waving here to my son who took the pic but I also got to give a "Jeep wave" to a few startled Jeepers along the way.

View attachment 204564
I like that color. What is it?

I like that color. What is it?

Thanks. Believe it or not it's simply called "Gloss Grey". Very descriptive. 😊 It's similar to Jeep's "Sting Grey" which is used on JK's and I think JL's. I'm painting it with Tremclad single stage enamel. Tremclad is produced by Rustoleum and is basically the same paint, just more popular in Canada. I think the Rustolem equivalent is called "Smoke Grey". I need to finish it. It's a little embarrassing driving a two tone.

Here it is later today ... new windshield and all.

20-11-19 8.JPG

Got the control arm bushings in and installed! Ready to drive to work in the morning!!!!!

I just purchased some front upper bushings for the axles. That is my last suspension related bushing to buy. Not really looking forward to the project but glad to have everything nice and new.

Reactions: j8ksdad
@Hog found me a set of Stone White half doors for my 03 Rubicon for $200. Then he braved Atlanta traffic to get them while I tried to keep a 10 man remodeling company between the ditches on my cell phone.

Then we had to overcome some gender related obstacles, made the deal and got a great burger on the way home.

I'm fueling up and headed back home to North Alabama.

Everybody needs a friend like him. He's awesome. He shoots straight but I get him back when he's reloading. 😃😃

Before:
View attachment 204521

After:
View attachment 204530View attachment 204541View attachment 204542View attachment 204543
So glad of this post I have now gone Penetrol mad lol, Harsh sun and UV sun damage in Australia but this stuff does the trick on fade, just wish I didnt waste my money on Back to Black! Whoo Dat! :)

Last night I tackled the valve cover gasket and I was quite disappointed to find that it had already been done by the PO with a Felpro gasket. My disappointment isn’t so much that it had already been done but it’s because that means that the oil drip I have is coming from the RMS that I already replaced about 16 months ago! I replaced it twice at that, once with a Felpro RMS and that was garbage in my opinion so I replaced it with an OEM seal.
it’s just a slow drip for now, a couple drops on my garage floor from time to time isn’t going to force me to do it anytime soon but probably when the weather warms back up in the spring. 😡
View attachment 204039
on the Brightside, the lifters look good. :) so that's something to be happy about.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
UCF ALuminum Engine Skid and Extra Clearance Transfer Case Skid arrived yesterday. Want to install the Engine skid asap so Hoping to get the brackets on tonight and the holes marked on my transfer case skid and see if I have a proper drill bit to knock out the holes so I can install before hitting Rausch tomorrow

Fingers Crossed

Thats not funny because it happened to me a few yrs back. Squirrels kept filling my CJ7 engine bay with acorns, had to thwart their efforts on building nests as well. Opened my hood one day to make sure everything was copasetic, and was greeted by a 5' Fox snake, very angry one I might add. Didn't take time to shake hands, just slammed the hood down. 5 min later wife arrived home, told her of my demise, she wanted visual proof, opened hood again, snake was gone

Im not a fan of snakes. Spiders sure, snakes F'k no