What did you do to your TJ today?

Picked it up from the shop that replaced my transfer case. I finally have 4low again. They had to cut out a larger slot in the console so when I shift to 4low the shifter points straight up. Not happy but ill live.

20201120_193205.jpg

Installed my Body Armor side steps. Install was easy, simple instructions.
Special thanks to BonesXX for hooking me up with Kolak. Kolak's prices are great and his shipping was quick.

View attachment 204747
Gotta help a fellow Georgian(y)(y) I just finished installing my Bedrug I got it from Kolak also. Cargo area was a bit more difficult than passenger but I like it a lot. Much better than just the textured tub. Much quieter.

Thanks. Believe it or not it's simply called "Gloss Grey". Very descriptive. 😊 It's similar to Jeep's "Sting Grey" which is used on JK's and I think JL's. I'm painting it with Tremclad single stage enamel. Tremclad is produced by Rustoleum and is basically the same paint, just more popular in Canada. I think the Rustolem equivalent is called "Smoke Grey". I need to finish it. It's a little embarrassing driving a two tone.

Here it is later today ... new windshield and all.

View attachment 204577

I really like that color. Great job.

Picked it up from the shop that replaced my transfer case. I finally have 4low again. They had to cut out a larger slot in the console so when I shift to 4low the shifter points straight up. Not happy but ill live.

View attachment 204743
Please tell me they didn't do that.

The shifter has an adjustable linkage, and 965,944 of these work within the throw range the console allows. 965,945 were made.

I can't believe I'm seeing that.

The only reason that would be done is if the first part of the transfer case lever throw is not moving the linkage, and that means the linkage is worn,bent, missing bushings or improperly adjusted.

A Savvy cable would cost less than fixing that console.

Last edited:
Please tell me they didn't do that.

The shifter has an adjustable linkage, and 965,944 of these work within the throw range the console allows. 965,945 were made.

I can't believe I'm seeing that.

The only reason that would be done is if the first part of the transfer case lever throw is not moving the linkage, and that means the linkage is worn,bent, missing bushings or improperly adjusted.

A Savvy cable would cost less than fixing that console.
Yup and not only that, they blamed it on my body lift. Refused to cover it under warranty and charged me 200.00 in labor for this abomination. I had held off naming the guys that did this but it was all rocket city 4x4 from beginning to end. You were totally right about Franky. He even had the stones to try and talk me into putting long arms front and rear on my rig when thats the last thing I want or need.
Needless to say I'm beyond pissed. I should have just called you instead of trying to let them make it right.

I did have issues with shifter linkage following BL and MML (Motor Mount Lift). I think may be somewhat common ? But this seems like a much better fix, I know resolved the issues for me (not that you want to hear that now) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073L4L4R5/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Did they consult with you before they started hacking up your interior?
Nope. Just called and said it was ready. You can imagine my shock when after paying 200.00 and getting the key I walked around back and saw this. I was so mad I just left.

Nope. Just called and said it was ready. You can imagine my shock when after paying 200.00 and getting the key I walked around back and saw this. I was so mad I just left.
You need to say something to them. They shouldn't have cut that up without contacting you to get approval, or telling you in advance. At least say something to them to hopefully prevent them from doing it to someone else in the future. It's apparent that they didn't mind butchering your console. :(

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Dropped the transmission to replace the clutch and throwout bearing. Got as far as as getting the new throwout bearing and fork pivot installed. Clutch is on the list for morning and then start putting it back together.
This has been a huge learning curve and the biggest project I've taken on so far.

Reactions: Jack72 and Fishtaco
Tcase shifter extension. Some of my local spots I am constantly going back and fourth from 2 d to 4hi and lo. Got sick of reaching down. This paired with the savvy linkage is smooth. I need to touch up my shaft and come up with a better way to hide threads.

05A0631F-751C-42E3-AB8C-0D24DA633C48.jpeg

Cosmetics with a purpose! So I put the front panel grate scoop on to stop the annoying berries the wild flocks of parrots drop if I am within 20 feet of a tree they decide to harvest, pain in the ass trying to fish them out of the grate! I put it on facing "air in" given the hot dry Perth climate I much preferer the exposed grate/grill look but it serves a needed purpose and I also added some panel ABS armour firstly because it looks tough :) lol but also because my door strap broke on a 3% road cross fall and my mirror hinge hit the panel and chipped it.

Vent Scoop.jpg

Last edited:
Cosmetics with a purpose! So I put the front panel grate scoop on to stop the annoying berries the wild flocks of parrots drop if I am within 20 feet of a tree they decide to harvest, pain in the ass trying to fish them out of the grate! I put it on facing "air in" given the temperate Perth climate, and I also added some panel ABS armour firstly because it looks tough :) lol but also because my door strap broke on a 3% road cross fall and my mirror hinge hit the panel and chipped it.

View attachment 204799
Why do pictures always make the paint look so good?

Reactions: John Cooper
Oh they are never wrong. They built my CV shaft out of phase, with cheap joints, and charged $578.00 . It was undrivable. They finally tore my check up. Shoals drive shaft did it for $435 and it is great.

You can't deal with someone that won't listen.

As tough as they are to deal with, I'm still in disbelief they did this.

Been on a staycation for the last week so I've been doing odd projects and what not. Finally got my garage painted so the LJ has nice living accommodations

20201121_104122.jpg

Yesterday was a perfect weather day to shine and chrome the rig so I got that knocked out. Today's hopeful project is to get some jack stands and finally undercoat the new front fenders. May also get the frame drain holes drilled today or tomorrow.

20201120_145055.jpg