What did you do to your TJ today?

came on RHD export TJ,s to comply with strict bumper/pedestrian impact laws so not on US models, lol, I possible have one of the few TJ,s with them still on, also couldn't have the original spotlights or bumper hooks, wiring harness is there both sides but they didn't comply, the hooks were replaced with towing loops.
View attachment 206292

I always thought those were for some kind of export aerodynamic or fuel mileage requirement.

• Haha
Reactions: Fishtaco
Fired it up to go to work this morning. Hit the rear defrost switch......and it worked!

Nice.

Wired up the last aux switch. Waiting on a different 12v socket for the 2nd power port to arrive before I can put everything back together. Have another a/c control panel coming. Need the circuit board to replace mine. When I put LEDs in the control panel, I must have had the lights on when I did it, or one of them wasn't seated correctly and shorted the printed circuit. I worked around it by soldering a jumper to the backs of the 3 lights. Rinky dink, but it's worked ok-ish. Time to make it right.

I always thought those were for some kind of export aerodynamic or fuel mileage requirement.
Its really only to meet strict import standard of new vehicles, USA has similar, I know for one not all states would allow the import of the Aussie Holden (GM Chevy) GTS Maloo utes for some reason even though they also made them LHD I think they were maybe too good lol

maloo.jpg

Its really only to meet strict import standard of new vehicles, USA has similar, I know for one not all states would allow the import of the Aussie Holden (GM Chevy) GTS Maloo utes for some reason I think they were maybe too good lol

View attachment 206311
I'd drive it. : )

I think they were maybe too good lol

Nah, it's because they wouldn't sell. The same reason our "utes" the El Camino and Ranchero died with the development of the Chevy S10 and Ford Ranger compact trucks. Americans want trucks, full size trucks in particular, not small cars with a small bed.

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
Nah, it's because they wouldn't sell. The same reason our "utes" the El Camino and Ranchero died with the development of the Chevy S10 and Ford Ranger compact trucks. Americans want trucks, full size trucks in particular, not small cars with a small bed.
With the size of some of these "Full size" half ton truck beds that are being produced now, I think the old Elco's and Rancheros have them beat...🤣

Not to mention Subaru's reproduction of the Brat.

With the size of some of these "Full size" half ton truck beds that are being produced now, I think the old Elco's and Rancheros have them beat...🤣

Not to mention Subaru's reproduction of the Brat.

The former examples are a small percentage of US truck sales and the latter example is made of Doesntexistium, though.

/thread hijack

• Sad
We kept the Chevy and Ford falcon Ute (pick up) till just a few short years ago :( GFC and globalisation just couldn't save the Aussie icon :( I grew up driving Utes and panel vans! Ford Falcon Panel vans "Shagging Wagons" Ahhh them were my Teenage days :)

PV.jpg

Last edited:
Bet you would like one now? lol you lost a 50 year old US icon for a RAM or Tecoma? lol

At $40G plus I dont think the byer cares about the ute bed size? :)

Got my Alien shade today and the front bungy ball broke while fitting it :( used a zip tie, still got the hard top on so the zip tie will be fine until top comes off, getting a bit sorta blueish in there lol

View attachment 206127

View attachment 206128
Liking the blue trend there. Those bungee balls are getting popular. Here in the U.S. we have them at lowes next to the tie down and bungee cord section, not by the tarps funny enough. You might be able to find them at your local DIY store. Do they have DIY stores on that side? LOL