What did you do to your TJ today?

Still working on the Mercedes, finishing up the speaker install. Got the new coverlay installed over the new dash speakers today, blah, blah. Just waiting for the glue to dry so I can install the grilles and call it done.

BUT

The Jeep got this today:
View attachment 218026
You don't really need one of these nearly as badly as you would in a vehicle with power windows (which is yet another reason I don't like power windows), but there still could be need for it, esp. in a Jeep. Bought it with my "eBay Bucks", and in it went!
View attachment 218026View attachment 218026View attachment 218026View attachment 218026
I like the one in the 4th photo the best :ROFLMAO:

20210114_123434.jpg
finally changed that dang rusty bump cap, chewed up jounce and epoxied my bump pucks in. I really hate removing the springs.

Still working on the Mercedes, finishing up the speaker install. Got the new coverlay installed over the new dash speakers today, blah, blah. Just waiting for the glue to dry so I can install the grilles and call it done.

BUT

The Jeep got this today:
View attachment 218026
You don't really need one of these nearly as badly as you would in a vehicle with power windows (which is yet another reason I don't like power windows), but there still could be need for it, esp. in a Jeep. Bought it with my "eBay Bucks", and in it went!
View attachment 218026View attachment 218026View attachment 218026View attachment 218026
I think we get the picture! Pictures!!!

Noticed yesterday a front turn signal was out so I picked up a new bulb today. When I got home I saw that the new gasket for the rear hard top window I ordered finally arrived, so I threw that on while I was at it. The Mopar gasket seems to fit up pretty good!
What’re did you find a mopar replacement ? Have a issue with mine , thanks.

Here is the Handle/ latch can be either right hand open or left hand swing arm is opposite of my final drawing.
LAtch.JPG

I am at about 200 bucks so far
Includes
Steel 40.00 Drop from salvage yard
Rcvr Hitch came on jeep
Shackle mounts 35.00 Ebay
Dual Shear Hinge 125 4X innovations

Still need
Rear Lights
2 Roto Pak fuel cans and mounts

HAndle.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: WSS
Ordered a Crown unit a few days ago, looks like its a must for the 06.
So ordered my Crown OPDA on 7th Jan from quadratec and it arrived on 15th Jan shipped from USA to Western Australia 8 days from order to delivery! thats faster than I can get anything shipped within Australia! PA to Perth 11,700 Miles.
I have decided I wont fit it unless I get any problems from the original, so another box to add to my TJ pile :)

So ordered my Crown OPDA on 7th Jan from quadratec and it arrived on 15th Jan shipped from USA to Western Australia 8 days from order to delivery! thats faster than I can get anything shipped within Australia! PA to Perth 11,700 Miles.
I have decided I wont fit it unless I get any problems from the original, so another box to add to my TJ pile :)
wow they must not of mailed it USPS. i had a front sway bar bushing kit ordered and shipped dec. 12 just got it last week. everything with the post office seems to get hung up in the Northeast US. got parts coming in from N.Y. shipped out on the 12th and hasn't moved in 3 days. sure wish i could get me one of them cushy gov't jobs but my hair aint curly enough !!!

My Antirock and Rock Krawler rear upper and lower adjustable control arms arrived today. I wanted Currie arms, but no one local (or online in Canada) was able to get them. To order from the US, just the rear arms would have cost me over $1,500.

My wife ordered something directly from China and it was at the door in 4 days (DHL), yet Amazon Prime can't get me my promised 2 day shipping sooner than 5-7 days. The China virus isn't excuse any more.:unsure: