What did you do to your TJ today?

So
Larger washers installed per the above.

Before:
View attachment 221348

After:
View attachment 221349

I also expressed my concern about their supplied washers being too small directly to Streetrays - they were kind enough to email me back: Thank Zorba, I will definitely send this feedback to our product manager sir. really appreciate your support & business!
Here's my ocd acting up again. Square up those blocks with the seat rails.

Larger washers installed per the above.

Before:
View attachment 221348

After:
View attachment 221349

I also expressed my concern about their supplied washers being too small directly to Streetrays - they were kind enough to email me back: Thank Zorba, I will definitely send this feedback to our product manager sir. really appreciate your support & business!
Had to of been someone at the manufacturer grabbed up the wrong size. I got my Streetrays in the mail Friday and they had the correct size washers. Had to of just been a goof.

Reactions: Blondie70
Shoes..

IMG_7645.jpg

cross posting because I'm excited and a shameless pic whore

Had to of been someone at the manufacturer grabbed up the wrong size. I got my Streetrays in the mail Friday and they had the correct size washers. Had to of just been a goof.
That's good to hear. They certainly seemed glad that I called their attention to it.

Put a Spartan locker in the front of my 99. Easy! Seems to work good. Ordered an aluminum deep trans pan, and trans temp gauge. Should come in next week. Also got the mopar reusable pan gasket for ease of assembly/disassembly.

Finally replaced the piece of garden hose and hose clamps keeping my engine running. My vacuum line from the manifold to the rear CCV cracked a while back. Found a replacement (Part # 53013797AB) on amazon for $11 vs dealerships $70. She's classy now(y).

Where did you end up taking it? I just moved up to 33's, so I'll be really interested to hear how you like the 4.56s
Billy Johnson Diffs. Located in Spokane Co. He's been doing this for 40yrs. I ran 4.56s in my cj5 behind a small block chevy, sm465 tranny, and model 20 transfer on top of 36" swamper radials. That was a crawling mf.

Reactions: Blondie70 and Vasq
I'd been wanting to add a subwoofer and was leaning one of two ways: convert the large console storage bin to a sub enclosure, or pick up some original parts and swap it over. First of the year, I picked up a complete console rear half off ebay for $200 shipped. Didn't care if the speaker was blown or the amp was fried, just needed the housing, cassette tray and the rest of the doodads that I was missing for mine. Bought a Kicker PXA200.1 sub amp, Kicker CompRT 6.75" sub speaker for the stock sub enclosure.

20210109_150120.jpg

It came with this, which I needed:
20210109_150128.jpg

It came with the lock, which I needed:
20210109_150137.jpg

It came with the tray and the rubber snubbers under the lid, which I also needed:
20210109_150151.jpg

Disassembly:
20210109_151055.jpg

Not sure what is in there, but ewww (and bummer about the broken tab, but it was fixable):
20210109_152335.jpg

Pulled the amp and filled the holes with machine screws, loctite and nylon locknuts:
20210111_210610.jpg

Went with Noico brand sound deadening, since it was cheap. 10 sq ft for $20. Bought a roller too (good purchase). Covered the now clean cassette tray in sound material and then epoxied the broken tab:
20210112_000932.jpg

Trimmed the inside of the enclosure and just a small bit on the actual speaker for snug fitment, then removed the speaker so I could cover the entire enclosure in sound deadener:
20210112_000928.jpg

Didn't need any material on the left side of the console, since the sub enclosure would be covered with it. But the right side has a big ol' drum of a piece of plastic that needed help. The enclosure fits tight against the upper rear of the console, so you need to leave that area clear:
20210113_213028.jpg

Had to drill a different hole for the console "pin" to locate into. The purchased assembly was out of a 2004 and mine is a 2001. The same, but different:
20210113_230542.jpg

20210113_210503.jpg

All cleaned up, buttoned up, and solid. Now, with rubber bumpers for the console lid. Yay!!
20210113_230458.jpg

Looks good. Too bad nobody will ever see it. But they'll feel it!
20210113_230519.jpg

Dollar tree cutting board and hardware store L brackets (THANKS, wranglertjforum.com for the idea!!!):
20210121_183244.jpg

Give the little guy a nice place to hang out:
20210121_185844.jpg

Finished up the install today. Man, what a difference!!! I could not be more happy!!!! The nickle and dime stuff (that isn't really nickle and dime if you have to go find it) that came with the console just rounded out the whole upgrade. A working latch for the lid, cupholder insert for the rear, no rattles from the lid on the console, factory tray....just happy. I do hate to lose the storage in the old setup. But the improvement in the tunes will more than make up for it.

Last edited:
Got my off-road light switches on the blank panel finally in my 06, also installed and wired everything for my rear aux lights (I like rear lights a lot...handy at times) so all I need to do is sink the leds into the rear bumper and plug them in .. and ditch the milk jugs while I’m at it.

luckily in the process we found my hot battery terminal was sooooo close to breaking...I had no idea how close I was to a bad day when me and @Hog recently went wheeling .

Tonight I wired up my hard wired led back up camera (autovox/Amazon) ..really glad you guys turned me on to positaps .. they are awesome. I’m more than impressed with this unit...only requires a single wire power source at the back up light circuit and no mirror power like my echo master, the lines are accurate, the image is clear and bright and the camera sits just below my left rear turn signal ..Even has leds for the camera.

tomorrow night I’m going to hide the wire and call it good.

thinking hard on c range tires, I’m a fan , but these have a ton of tread and came on it and aren’t horrible.

running out of stuff to do...maybe a savvy cable next , a little sound deadener and carpet the rear and Bartacts ..the ones with red inserts would look cool on this one.

It will pretty much stay as is lift wise and if it ever gets lifted more, gets an OME or Savvy set up or at least Savvy Arms. I’m sitting on 4 Brand new Rancho Springs Hog found all 4 for 115.00 on sale so those are getting eyeballed, and if he doesn’t take these black half doors we found I may get the same guy to bed line them and run them this summer some.

Still need a nice set of half door interior panels for my 03, slate ideally.

I drove it to work. Quickly realized the difference between my old inner shifter boot and the new one. I had to really put it in some gears until the rubber warmed up a bit. It was 67° and would have been a nice treat to take the top down yesterday, but I had to work 🤮