What did you do to your TJ today?

Just got my 05 TJ 2.4 2 Saturday’s ago! Since then, A/C recharge, very good cleaning under the hood and kinda quick cleaning inside, oil change and air filter. Up next, install Rugged Trail door entry guards, new center stack with double din and a rewire of all speakers! After that I’m sure I will find something to do to it! Not looking forward to buffing the rear windows.
F2B0A4E7-EAEB-413E-8A41-5F0B48DDE8B4.jpeg

Thanks!... hows your search going?
To be honest it’s not really going. I’m not in any rush to find Rubicon right now, especially with the outrageous prices people are asking for their junk.

If I get the bug bad enough I’ll just pick up a cheap TJ to beat up for a few months. I’m looking for something to build, not something nice like my last Jeep.

View attachment 226589
For some of you this looks a little different then it did last year, or year before... I’ve always horsetraded or skimped or searched til I was tired to find deals cause I never felt like I could justify spending money or a 2nd, or 3rd vehicle over stuff for my family etc... so after many years and several different TJs I finally bought a decent set of tires I wanted and the wheels I’ve always wanted today😁... but of course the wheels were used😂.. but just barely!!!
FYI..on this Jeep I had jk rubicons....then black wheels, then stripped them.....then painted bronze!.. never just made me happy!
Love those wheels. Are they the Tomb Raider wheels or aftermarket?

Broke 3 bolts removing the JKS BL and was hoping to get the Savvy BL installed.

Now I need to decide if this is the time I finally get a welder or if I look to a local traveling welder to get the job done...

Took it for a nice long drive. I'm coaching/mentoring another dancer about 20 miles away, so I figured it'd be a good opportunity to take the Jeep and find out the finer points of the new Rostra cruise control. It works fine, uphill and down, etc, etc. Interestingly, it engages far faster than any CC I've encountered (not to be confused with acceleration speed) - probably because its electric instead of vacuum actuated.

Other than driving my daughter to school, I hadn't really driven anywhere significant since the work I've done on it this past week or so. To refresh, new tires, new H&R springs, new Rancho shocks, new motor mounts, new trans. mount, and new front sway bar bushings and links.

So, I took a drive on fairly rough forest service road I had yet to explore, the Kimsey Mountain Hwy. which was built over 100 years ago, but never paved. The clouds were down to below 2,000ft. so I was driving in the clouds most of the time and had no views of the surrounding mountains. Still, a great time just me and the Jeep.

Once I got home and looked everything over, I don't know if I missed it on reassembly, but the passenger side motor mount bolt had loosened and back out quite a bit. Luckily, the nut was still hanging on by a few threads. I'm guessing I got sidetracked and forgot to tighten it down. All good now, though. Except it rides and drives so much better and quieter...I'm hearing other little noises that I want to track down. Just nuisances from what I can tell. Nothing critical...I guess going for luxury interior comfort is a fools errand. LOL!! I love this thing. I wish my old CJ-7 would have been this nice back in the day.

Here's a link to the road I drove. It's nothing that a sedan couldn't do if you know how to drive, but it is in the middle of nowhere.

View attachment 226437
View attachment 226438
View attachment 226439

Man I am definitely gonna have to check that out I am about 1 hour north of you in Roane County

Reactions: ToddDerrArtist
Spray painted clear coat on some parts in the garage. Wrinkled as it dried.... Damn 35 degree temps. Really should have kept the garage door closed. Paint seems to work okay when the garage maintains ~50deg by not introducing the fresh cold air.

It's the metal part of my new body mounts so I'm not overly worried if the finish isn't perfect. With the Savvy BL eventually going on, that part will show so I wanted it black. Not a fan of shiny parts in the underbody.

Reactions: L J and Dunkut88TJ