What did you do to your TJ today?

Oops maybe I should have fully read, lol.

Found a minute to take the Jeep to a different tire shop to look at the 7 lbs of lead used on them now. They suggested an off road shop that could do balancing beads. So that’s the next thing I’ll try.

Another milestone today.
C89056C3-1A17-473B-B18F-4B428EF88F12.jpeg

With the bad freeze here in Texas last week I had to do something to alleviate this cabin fever so I gave the TJ a good washing & applied 2 coats of Griot’s Garage 3 in1 ceramic wax. I’m about to spend some time volunteering at a Texas state park & the Jeep will have to be outside in the elements so the wax will help protect it.

FD7B6C4F-90C1-4E62-A2F8-84F4C5F99368.jpeg

With the bad freeze here in Texas last week I had to do something to alleviate this cabin fever so I gave the TJ a good washing & applied 2 coats of Griot’s Garage 3 in1 ceramic wax. I’m about to spend some time volunteering at a Texas state park & the Jeep will have to be outside in the elements so the wax will help protect it.

View attachment 228658
Looks good, I use to swear by Griots stuff until I tried Adams and then made the switch to just about everything from them. Love their stuff and they have some good sales !

Reactions: Mudflat and 5632
Did you use the Adam's paste Ceramic or the spray?
We have used their new graphene ceramic on both my outback and my wife's Tahoe, and it makes night and day difference on how easy it is to keep and stay clean. the application process is super straight forward and easy as well. We put it on around November and still going strong now curious how long the coating will last but if I get another couple months out of it that would be awesome.

Reactions: Fonz54
Like others have said, it finally warmed up so we might as well fix the crap that broke during the cold weather.

The check engine light came on the way to work, went to work then home and parked it. Started it up today, idle was junk, stuttered under throttle and no power. i figured the throttle body was a good starting point....finally got lucky for once. The TPS was loose, clipped it back together and done.
Also found a pesky vacuum leak while in the area.

Cold weather sucks, bring on spring time!!!

Results after fully rebuilding everything I can on the front end. I’d really like to fix the camber issue on the front. I see there is a ball joint option or a spacer option. I’ll do my research to see which I should go with.

I just noticed this vacant area on the second picture. Any idea what normally goes there? It’s in the engine compartment below the master cylinder.

DBAFBD00-E5CA-4A8D-968C-E3398BB4112C.jpeg

61B85017-FD81-4018-8DA6-F0AB0D3EAD0B.jpeg

Results after fully rebuilding everything I can on the front end. I’d really like to fix the camber issue on the front. I see there is a ball joint option or a spacer option. I’ll do my research to see which I should go with.

I just noticed this vacant area on the second picture. Any idea what normally goes there? It’s in the engine compartment below the master cylinder.

View attachment 228731

View attachment 228732
there is suppose to be an empty tray or piece of sheet metal there. otherwise nothing is missing.