What did you do to your TJ today?

I thought I had gotten it on Amazon but I looked at my order history and didn’t see it on there. Not sure where I got it.

Might be able to find the part number on ram mounts website and then look it up.
I just need the knob. Hard to find. Found a pack of 4 on eBay for $12. They go on the laptop holders. Otherwise it's all security pin and keyed knobs that I don't need. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Installed a new Crown OPDA kept the original sensor seems to run better with more power?
Was not nearly as hard as I though it would be

OPDA 3.jpg

Put on long johns for a day of wrenching. :)

38°F outside. My mostly insulated garage (door is just aluminum, no insulation yet) is looking like it's keeping me warm at 48°F. I'll be keeping that door closed as long as possible....

Extreme terrain. Figured everybody has it by now.

Thanks! Guess I haven't been paying attention. Last time I was thinking about getting one I only saw the Daystar one that has "Driven by design" cut into the front of it. I thought that was lame and didn't want to look at that everytime I got in the rig 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks!

It has OME HD springs (about 2.5”) front and rear. Rancho RS5000X shocks.
I have a 3/4” spacer yet to be installed for the front to give me just a bit more clearance.
tires are 31” General Grabber x3.

Works really good for my uses.
How's the road noise on the grabbers? I'm considering those fit my next set of tires. Curious how loud they are compared to an AT?

Added rubber mats to the rear footwells and the back area. Seems quieter now. Come Spring I will redo the rear coating correctly and add urethane bedliner to quiet things down a bit in the back. Oh and yeah, Drove it!

Great day with the new TJ. Two projects I have never done checked off the list.

Changed the transfer case fluid.

Changed the transmission fluid.

Nice weather today so I did a bunch of the work with the garage doors open. Then my wife suggested I put the top down for the first time and take her and the dog for a spin around the neighborhood. Roads were just dry enough and got to show it off to a few friends.

Sanded, repainted front grille, headlight surrounds in prep for the Hella e codes (scrapping the Cheapo leds).....PO had brush painted... lol... turned out great so far!!!

View attachment 229803

View attachment 229804

View attachment 229805

View attachment 229806

View attachment 229807

View attachment 229808

View attachment 229809

View attachment 229810

View attachment 229811

View attachment 229812
That's awesome! You can fill those E-codes with LED bulbs and see a big difference as well. Depending on how your headlight harness is, a harness upgrade will not be a bad deal either. Trust me ;)

Thanks!

It has OME HD springs (about 2.5”) front and rear. Rancho RS5000X shocks.
I have a 3/4” spacer yet to be installed for the front to give me just a bit more clearance.
tires are 31” General Grabber x3.

Works really good for my uses.
Wow I woulda thought it was more. That's the standard lift everybody starts with. 99.9% sure what I'm gonna get for mine. I like the 31s for daily driving vs a bigger tire.

Are you happy with how it drives and handles on the road?

Thanks! Guess I haven't been paying attention. Last time I was thinking about getting one I only saw the Daystar one that has "Driven by design" cut into the front of it. I thought that was lame and didn't want to look at that everytime I got in the rig 🤷🏻‍♂️
After I replied that I remembered about that stupid driven by design one and then couldn't remember off hand if that was at quadratec or extreme terrain. I did 2 orders of stuff at the same time one from quadratec and one from extreme terrain and couldn't remember which one the blank one carne from.

Sanded, repainted front grille, headlight surrounds in prep for the Hella e codes (scrapping the Cheapo leds).....PO had brush painted... lol... turned out great so far!!!

View attachment 229803

View attachment 229804

View attachment 229805

View attachment 229806

View attachment 229807

View attachment 229808

View attachment 229809

View attachment 229810

View attachment 229811

View attachment 229812
I have this on my to do list, except likely going with KC over Hella, but even doing the rings. Fortunately, my grill is fine.

Reactions: John Cooper