What did you do to your TJ today?

Keeping with the theme of old worn out greasy Jeep parts, @starkey480 was kind enough to take time out of his Easter sunday for me.

New to me Warn sliders.
View attachment 241463
A question though, can I run a nutzert into the tub to the right of the "W" cutout ? Mine is an 04 so I cant use the 5th hole ( counting left to right ) because of the change in the seatbelt design. I am not sure if there is anythang under the sheetmetal I could damage by putting a fastener back there.
What is the "W" cutout? I installed a set of Rubicon rocker guards on my 2004 and drilled holes and installed nutserts and nothing was damaged nor did I run into any obstructions.

Needed a place to mount a phone or 2 and maybe a GPS as well as a Gopro on occasion. So, I fabbed up a dash bar.

View attachment 241552

View attachment 241553

View attachment 241554

View attachment 241555

View attachment 241556

View attachment 241558

View attachment 241559

The side of the tub where the dash bolts on isn't the most sturdy metal in the world, but the bar is fairly solid. We'll test it out during the Moab trip. Just needed a way to mount some stuff and I think it'll do that ok.
Nice job! With the windshield down perhaps you could mount a 50Cal on there :cool: Seriously though this looks really good.

What is the "W" cutout? I installed a set of Rubicon rocker guards on my 2004 and drilled holes and installed nutserts and nothing was damaged nor did I run into any obstructions.

The “W” is the Warn logo that is cut into the metal. It’s at the rear of his sliders in that pic.

Reactions: Midtenn
Keeping with the theme of old worn out greasy Jeep parts, @starkey480 was kind enough to take time out of his Easter sunday for me.

New to me Warn sliders.
View attachment 241463

A question though, can I run a nutzert into the tub to the right of the "W" cutout ? Mine is an 04 so I cant use the 5th hole ( counting left to right ) because of the change in the seatbelt design. I am not sure if there is anythang under the sheetmetal I could damage by putting a fastener back there.
So based on the location of the rear most hole on the Rubicon rocker guards I don not see any reason why you could not drill a hole and install a nutsert to the right of the "W" (thanks @Mountaineer_Tom for clearing that up). See where the rear most hole is on the Rubicon rocker guard in the picture here. Mine is a 2004 also.

TJ_Rocker.jpg

So based on the location of the rear most hole on the Rubicon rocker guards I don not see any reason why you could not drill a hole and install a nutsert to the right of the "W" (thanks @Mountaineer_Tom for clearing that up). See where the rear most hole is on the Rubicon rocker guard in the picture here. Mine is a 2004 also.

View attachment 241674
So someone screwed into my driver side before realizing there’s no backside access. I used a nursert to “fix” it. In my case, it doesn’t hold anything...just fills a hole.

View attachment 241674

Ha ! I should have done my homework before asking. Just walked out an checked the Rubicon guards I have. Yup. Right there was my answer.
200.gif

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and DaveF
I bought one a couple weeks ago in prep for Moab. Was happy to save a hundred or so over the ARB I was looking at. I should take the wrappers off of everything so I will look a little less like a noob out there, LOL.

I was considering this or the arb to put where the abs module would go.

Reactions: GEEP4ME
I changed the front marker bulbs, apparently when you drive with a bulb out the dash starts screaming at you until you feed it a new bulb
It's quite annoying actually

Reactions: Hog