What did you do to your TJ today?

Main power wiring done for the winch at long last:

319.jpg

Temp jumper on control solenoid for testing. "12 Volt Guy" in cab panel will be connected here...

318.jpg

500 amp fuse - I'm not enamoured of the floating connection, but it'll do for now...

313.jpg

#2 AWG positive lead.

316.jpg

Muscovite ducklings across the street.

Now I can join "Team Hero" for TJ fest! :D

Last edited:
Finished up painting and installed my newly built storage for the back of the Jeep.... now I can put all my shit in there and just lock the tailgate to keep it pretty secure. Also put some netting on the top to carry extra crap if needed.

View attachment 241736
This deserves a write up. I want to see how you did that.

What did you do for prep?
way too much wire wheeling. got a corded angle grinder, a few wire wheel attachments, and spent a good amount of time working away at the factory paint and some rust, i didn’t have much rust to start with, but i got it all down to bare metal and then cleaned the surface, and primered then painted. here’s a pic of it before primer.
9564FF5E-7780-4728-99AD-2113788A48BE.jpeg

Made a holder for my 8”Tablet, it’s a work in progress. I may mount the ball in the change tray and I’m rethinking the holder, something that the tab slides into rather than relying on Velcro.
View attachment 241896View attachment 241897View attachment 241898
Also took my grandson for a little ride around the property in his new “big boy” car seat. ♥️
View attachment 241899
Just when I thought Iphones couldn't get any bigger....jeeez !!!....oh hang on...Ipad...nevermind :ROFLMAO:

Just when I thought Iphones couldn't get any bigger....jeeez !!!....oh hang on...Ipad...nevermind :ROFLMAO:
Actually it's a Samsung 8" Tab A, my original plan was to use my iPad but it's too big for the TJ. I'm still getting used to the GPS app I have, Gaia GPS, it used topo maps and you can load "tracks" on it from other sources such as the Michigan DNR, which has designated ORV Routes that are legal for vehicles 72"(?) and wider. It's way better than street based GPS.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Vasq
Decided to remove the light bar over the windshield, it hardly worked, whistled, I don’t “night wheel”, and I like the clean lines without it. I also removed the rain guards on the door. Sadly there is some rust at the lower bolt hole on each side. I should take it as a win as it could be far worse. I’m a lousy painter! Can I sand down that area and hit with touch up paint and clear coat? I’m not sure I can get those parts removed. I don’t need perfect, just no rust. Really happy with the new look. Considering removing the lights by the windshield next.

View attachment 241967

View attachment 241968

View attachment 241969

if you do hit me up I will take the brackets off your hands

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
way too much wire wheeling. got a corded angle grinder, a few wire wheel attachments, and spent a good amount of time working away at the factory paint and some rust, i didn’t have much rust to start with, but i got it all down to bare metal and then cleaned the surface, and primered then painted. here’s a pic of it before primer. View attachment 242091
I’d keep those pics handy in case you ever went to sell and found a suspicious buyer.