What did you do to your TJ today?

Got started on installing my sliders. Have to run to HB tomorrow for new drill bits to finish up. I need a strong adult beverage now after drilling holes in my Jeep tub.
warnslider002.jpg
warnslider003.jpg
warnslider004.jpg

Finally got the hard top hoist worked out.
Hung a couple double pulleys from the roof joists and sent the line through a fixed pulley to a cleat on the wall.
Once hoisted I put a couple straps around the ceiling joist to make me feel better.
20210410_194856.jpg

20210410_194705.jpg

Installed the Garvin front bumper a couple weeks ago and mounted the winch to the plate. Still have to fab the quick disconnect cable, pick up a deeper box so I can put the circuit breaker inside the box instead of in the engine compartment.
Like the look much better without the winch. It's cleaner. The winch will live on a shelf in the garage unless we're heading out wheeling.

20210410_194516.jpg

20210410_194621.jpg

Got bored and dealt with the surface rust on the bike carrier.....then painted it.(not sure if I should have kept it black or I like the blue..,oh well its only paint)
Then sun came out after a stormy day yesterday...so went for a 3 hour drive up to Orewa beach.
IMG_0282.jpg

Was starting to get a game plan together for a electric garage hoist for the LJ today, think I got the perfect spot for the hoist picked out. Not a huge fan of my old way of doing it with wood, pull straps and chains.(Thats's what she said)
Plus I could use the hoist for other old job projects.

20190824_205204.jpg

What length straps are you guys using for your hardtops? I got about a 8ft ceiling but I'm probably gonna build a frame/mount to get it up to about 9 or 10ft. Might pick up a hoist tomorrow from harbor freight if its still in stock

Costco has some 12’ ratchet straps (4) for $21
One of my 4 was broken out of the box. I’ll swap it out next time and m there.
Only real problem is that I can’t bring it all the way to the rafter, because there is a 12” strap before the ratchet

Reactions: THEREALJIM
Got bored and dealt with the surface rust on the bike carrier.....then painted it.(not sure if I should have kept it black or I like the blue..,oh well its only paint)
Then sun came out after a stormy day yesterday...so went for a 3 hour drive up to Orewa beach.
View attachment 242716
Does that flip down or sideways? I can see a locking pin down the bottom?

Does that flip down or sideways? I can see a locking pin down the bottom?
No....I have to turn a screw at the base to loosen it to turn it sideways...as it caries 3 bikes it can stick out quite a bit. (almost took out a person out once haha)

Only real problem is that I can’t bring it all the way to the rafter, because there is a 12” strap before the ratchet
Photo? I’d like to see what you’ve done.

View attachment 242690
View attachment 242692

I have been looking around a while for a Utility style front bumper.
Replaced the factory tubular front bumper today with a Fishbone Offroad Pirahna bumper.
Even though the bumper has shackle mounts; I reinstalled the factory tow hooks.
I like how that bumper updates the look but still uses the factory sway bar cover.

I hate ratchet straps, mainly for the fact that I am god awful at using them lol I may just find a set of like 12ft lifting straps and give them a shot, think I have a shop that sells them 5 mins from my house

Yesterday I used the Noco jump pack I bought a few months ago and woke the Jeep from hibernation. Put ~50 miles on it, which refreshed my memory about the to-dos I had forgotten about over the winter.

Reactions: THEREALJIM