What did you do to your TJ today?

Well, I had a wicked drive line vibration due to welded in snap rings on my slip yoke on the rear drive shaft. I ordered a new slip yoke from extreme terrain, gave it a nice coat of por15, new u-joints from omix and did the same to the remainder of the rear drive shaft. Its all shiny black, anti-seized on all the bearing caps, and re-installed with good old red & tacky grease in all the u-joints. Its nice and smooth, clean and should last a few years now.
20210409_163418.jpg
20210409_144532.jpg

Scored some Rubicon take-offs for cheap yesterday on FB. I got the flares, the factory rocker guards and a pretty clean set of TJ moabs. Put the flares on for a quick buzz but the other stuff will have to wait a bit. Trying to finish an engine swap in my towing/hauling rig. Making use of the extra wheelbase from time to time ‘till then! 👌🏽

BA80FA2C-B1B1-4845-BF45-2938A8DD27D6.jpeg

Finished the front part of the lift. Starting the rear tomorrow, dreading the rear shocks, but they’ve been soaking in PB for 2 weeks, and liquid wrench tonight before disassembly tomorrow.
Hey Kiwi..you not originally from NZ are you ?

Decided to remove the light bar over the windshield, it hardly worked, whistled, I don’t “night wheel”, and I like the clean lines without it. I also removed the rain guards on the door. Sadly there is some rust at the lower bolt hole on each side. I should take it as a win as it could be far worse. I’m a lousy painter! Can I sand down that area and hit with touch up paint and clear coat? I’m not sure I can get those parts removed. I don’t need perfect, just no rust. Really happy with the new look. Considering removing the lights by the windshield next.

View attachment 241967

View attachment 241968

View attachment 241969
It really does look much better without that big light bar above the windshield. I’ve never had one of those or any A-pillar lights. I’ve heard that they can cause a glare on your hood.
My light bar set up looks similar to yours. I’ve got a KC Highlights 20” LED bar with combo spot/flood beams that works great. If I were starting from scratch I would probably get a smaller bar, but this one came off of an F-350 that I sold. I’m getting used to it & it works great.
I don’t do much wheeling at night either, but I do spend a lot of time volunteering at a Texas state park where there are a lot of deer & feral hogs on the roads at night. The lights have enabled me to see them & avoid bad problems.
By the way , I’ve also got Pro Comp 7” LED headlights.

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
It really does look much better without that big light bar above the windshield. I’ve never had one of those or any A-pillar lights. I’ve heard that they can cause a glare on your hood.
My light bar set up looks similar to yours. I’ve got a KC Highlights 20” LED bar with combo spot/flood beams that works great. If I were starting from scratch I would probably get a smaller bar, but this one came off of an F-350 that I sold. I’m getting used to it & it works great.
I don’t do much wheeling at night either, but I do spend a lot of time volunteering at a Texas state park where there are a lot of deer & feral hogs on the roads at night. The lights have enabled me to see them & avoid bad problems.
By the way , I’ve also got Pro Comp 7” LED headlights.
‘Looks like my pics didn’t post. Let’s try again.

Why the need to remove it?

they had started to sag some and the tops were nasty looking and the paint was peeling so did the tops and the bottoms, and windshield all at the same time so that they matched in black, but had a bitch of a time getting this one out the torq Jeep used on these vehicles are terrible as most have come to find out.

Finished installing a new timing chain, balancer, and A/C compressor. I can say with honesty that replacing the A/C compressor was one of the biggest PIA jobs I've done on the Jeep. Even with the exhaust pulled, accessing the top front bolt is ridiculously complicated. 🤬

20210409_201152-jpg.jpg

20210411_192235-jpg.jpg

20210411_192224-jpg.jpg

they had started to sag some and the tops were nasty looking and the paint was peeling so did the tops and the bottoms, and windshield all at the same time so that they matched in black, but had a bitch of a time getting this one out the torq Jeep used on these vehicles are terrible as most have come to find out.
I ran into the same thing when removing my tailgate hinges, the tors bolts were awful. I barely turned it and they already stripped

Reactions: Irun
Full size spare finally. Figured I should have one for the Moab trip.
20210411_194426.jpg

Rugged ridge mall crawler third brake light. I had thought I was going to NEED it with the bigger tire obscuring the factory high mount stop light. But I figured out a spacer while waiting for the ring of fire to show up. So, I'll run both for now.
20210411_194430.jpg

Decided to swap the driver seat belt assembly out. Spied something that should not be there.
20210411_202413.jpg

20210411_202536.jpg

20210411_202539.jpg

20210411_202831.jpg

20210411_202835.jpg
lol. Between the Legos and this 30-30 round, I think I'm money ahead on this Jeep.

Well, maybe at break-even?

Lol.

W
Finished installing a new timing chain, balancer, and A/C compressor. I can say with honesty that replacing the A/C compressor was one of the biggest PIA jobs I've done on the Jeep. Even with the exhaust pulled, accessing the top front bolt is ridiculously complicated. 🤬

View attachment 243124
View attachment 243125
View attachment 243126
Will you need to repressurize the A/C system? Havent looked into it but had to replace my condenser so will have to tackle that eventually. Any specific guide that you are planning on following or are you going to take it in to have it done by someone?

Reactions: matkal
W

Will you need to repressurize the A/C system? Havent looked into it but had to replace my condenser so will have to tackle that eventually.
Yes. Will have to pull vacuum, check for leaks and recharge.