What did you do to your TJ today?

I got my Trektop installation finished! I did it all by myself, so if I can do it anyone can. It was super tight and I still have about two inches of zipper to finish zipping on the passenger side window but I'll let the sun do more of its magic before I try zipping it the rest of the way. I really like the top, the twill fabric, the Sunrider feature, and that the interior is black. I drove it and it's definitely quieter than my old soft top.View attachment 244054
View attachment 244053View attachment 244052
That looks really good. Do you have a before photo? (Assuming you replaced an old soft top?)
I’ve been thinking about getting the same top. If I do, I’d prob paint that bow over the front black so it matches the soft top inner

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
got my full size mounted up! Now all alloys match.
spare tire is 265/75/16 and the rest are smaller at 265/70/16. They are second hand ones that I got cheap, when I get the money I’ll upgrade all tires to the same bigger size
5C10CCF0-9FFB-4DF4-B91E-4C6B2827D3E9.jpeg

Trektop Nx is next on the list! Should look awesome when done

That looks really good. Do you have a before photo? (Assuming you replaced an old soft top?)
I’ve been thinking about getting the same top. If I do, I’d prob paint that bow over the front black so it matches the soft top inner
I agree and may paint the bow black. The old soft top was in pretty good shape, but I believe it was the original top. Here's a before photo.
PXL_20210327_201143085.jpg

I got my Trektop installation finished! I did it all by myself, so if I can do it anyone can. It was super tight and I still have about two inches of zipper to finish zipping on the passenger side window but I'll let the sun do more of its magic before I try zipping it the rest of the way. I really like the top, the twill fabric, the Sunrider feature, and that the interior is black. I drove it and it's definitely quieter than my old soft top.View attachment 244054
View attachment 244053View attachment 244052
I’m wanting that top. My only concern is I heard the top will get to flapping going down the highway. Have you noticed this?

I’m wanting that top. My only concern is I heard the top will get to flapping going down the highway. Have you noticed this?

I just put it on today and haven't taken it on the highway yet, but I did drive around a bit and felt it was quieter than my old soft top.

spare tire is 265/75/16 and the rest are smaller at 265/70/16. They are second hand ones that I got cheap, when I get the money I’ll upgrade all tires to the same bigger size
View attachment 244074
Your looks original like mine...the Trektop is on my list too

Yea mine is original haha, leaks a little when it rains lots. And the zips are a bit buggered. Hopefully in the next few months I’ll get a Trektop
Now our Summer is disappearing You may need to install in a green house to get it to stretch enough haha

I’m no engineer but... if you actually used that spare on the back axle, wouldn‘t that screw up your differential before you got home?
View attachment 244074

I’m no engineer but... if you actually used that spare on the back axle, wouldn‘t that screw up your differential before you got home?
yea you’re probably right, beats the 29” biscuit tire as a spare before. Touch wood I won’t need to use it until I get my new full set of the same size :)

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
TodaY? Just a few things here or there... ditched the stock Dana 30 for a JK Dana 44, added an ARB air locker up front to match the back, 38" Toyo Open Country tires, PSC hydro, new Warn Zeon 10S winch to replace the busted Smittybilt (still seen here), re-geared to 4.88s, had a drag link fabricated, a few other odds and ends. Time to go wheeling.

IMG_0548.JPG

To my wife’s dismay I found my unicorn half doors today for $350
A3907BD1-31DB-474C-BAB1-B724AEFA9513.png

They look to be in really great shape from all the pictures. If they aren’t I don’t have to purchase or they will discount. I almost didn’t get them, but I keep walking away from decent doors.
Now to shop for paint 😂 I have a 2006 bright metallic silver, I’m 99% sure the interior is agate, but can anyone validate? Also where to get agate colored interior paint?

Placed a couple of orders. Ordered Rancho shocks, a full set of Moog control arms and swaybar links, and a tree strap from Summit.

Ordered a pair of soft shackles, a fire extinguisher bracket, and a hand throttle kit from Amazon.

Still looking for the suddenly out of stock everywhere H&R springs. I have a couple of places in Commiefornia to call when they open up.

To my wife’s dismay I found my unicorn half doors today for $350View attachment 244254
They look to be in really great shape from all the pictures. If they aren’t I don’t have to purchase or they will discount. I almost didn’t get them, but I keep walking away from decent doors.
Now to shop for paint 😂 I have a 2006 bright metallic silver, I’m 99% sure the interior is agate, but can anyone validate? Also where to get agate colored interior paint?
Ok, I have to ask because I don't know. Why so many pictures from smartphone users that include the whole smartphone screen instead of just the picture? I'm not trying to bust your chops or anything - despite my dislike of smartphones - but I see this all the time and don't understand...

Ok, I have to ask because I don't know. Why so many pictures from smartphone users that include the whole smartphone screen instead of just the picture? I'm not trying to bust your chops or anything - despite my dislike of smartphones - but I see this all the time and don't understand...
Screen shot instead of downloading a picture.

Sometimes you need to screen grab if you're trying to show a specific part of a website, etc.

Can be faster too if it's not a picture you've taken.