What did you do to your TJ today?

Another chickenshit project while I wait for my suspension parts to arrive: There are, I think, three black painted brackets under the hood. One holds the PDC, another the horn, yet another something else that I don't remember right now. On a relatively rust free Jeep, these 3 brackets are heavily rusted for some reason - so I pulled the PDC bracket, wire wheeled it, chipped at it with a screw driver, wire wheeled it some more, and hit it with red lead. I'll top coat it tomorrow, and probably pull the other two for similar treatment. They'll never look new again, but they'll look better!

Enjoyed some fine desert views today with @Blackiosh and @DaveC

montanamnt002.jpg

Started working on my hoist for my hardtop. Its a work in progress.

Since wood is so damn expensive my bosses let me take some random pieces home. Think I'll need to snag some more wood monday, want the hoist to sit a little higher up.

I also snagged 20ft of scrap cable from work, the cable for the control is super short so I'll have to rewire it or just go the lazy route and splice/quick disconnect it.

Had those random pieces of metal unistrut things that the previous homeowner left in the garage so I I'll be using the center one for sure, not sure about the other ones.

If I have time tomorrow I may get it close to being in place and figure out where the hole in the ceiling needs to be cut

20210417_195731.jpg

Re-worked the audio system. Recently put in an Alpine ILX-W650 with the little KTA-450 amp on the back. Today I added a Sound Ordnance B-8PTD powered subwoofer under the rear seat. A sub is a MUST in these Jeeps, since speaker size in the pods/bar and front are limited. It makes a HUGE difference! Loving the sound now.

ILX-W650 $300
KTA-450 $200
B-8PTD $100 (open box)

Reactions: L J and Scout734
Yesterday I had the A/C recharged..........again
Definitely has a leak, added dye so I can find and fix the leak because recharging every 6 months is unacceptable

Reactions: Hog and L J
Yesterday I had the A/C recharged..........again
Definitely has a leak, added dye so I can find and fix the leak because recharging every 6 months is unacceptable
A month or two ago I found that mine was leaking from the valve core on the fitting that is at the front of the valve cover. I took the cap off and could hear it leaking.

Installed a PSC dual fluid cooler, need to pick some well nuts tomorrow to lock down the A/C condenser. I didn't plumb the transmission in yet, as I have a rebuilt 42RLE coming and don't want to contaminate the cooler. Also still need to drill some holes to raise the fan shroud.
Installed Brown Dog Ultra-flex rubber 1" raised motor mounts, and got rid of spacers on the TC skid. Wasn't too difficult, loosened the frame side motor mount and got enough slack to get the long bolt out past the A/C pump.
All in all, a productive day.
You got the bolt out the front without removing the whole bracket? I’m about to tackle this tomorrow 😁

M
Yeah. I swapped full for half. I probably could have bought half and then sold the full and made a few bucks but I guess i just got tired with the OT I've been working.
Makes sense, I’ve always been torn on which is better if you only had one. I pick up my half doors this week and then maybe I can decide. I have to paint them, but plan on keeping both.

Reactions: Chief Brohician