What did you do to your TJ today?

Got it back today! Took it on the roughest terrain around to get a good feel for it..... Interstate 24 :ROFLMAO:

That said, I'm stoked and quickly realized I need gears. Swung by the shop and told them I'd let them know in 24 hours what I need to order in addition to a powertrax no slip for the front.

Since I have the 3spd auto (42RLE I believe) do I want 5.13 gears or 4.88? Just want to be able to cruise on the interstate 65-70 mph on the way to trails as most are 2+ hours away and will be taking this on the Red Clay Rally this fall.

If the gurus here can let me know what ratio I need and which brand (part # would be perfect) I'll get them ordered asap.

IMG_6115.JPG

IMG_6116.JPG

IMG_6117.JPG

I snapped one off on the windshield frame a couple weeks back and nothing would easily remove the stud. I bought and returned easy-outs, propane torch and broken drill bits. 🤬🥵🤒
Dude... i did that years ago... and just threw in some wood putty filler to fill the hole..... ya.. i know sounds horrific. :eek:

A-pillar light brackets help hide the crime scene.

20210421_133513.jpg

Dude... i did that years ago... and just threw in some wood putty filler to fill the hole..... ya.. i know sounds horrific. :eek:

A-pillar light brackets help hide the crime scene.

View attachment 245664
I still have a piece of a mirror relocation bracket on my driver side that I cannot get removed. It was one of my first posts on this forum on how to remove it but nothing I’ve done seems to work, I think I’ve just given up🤣

886D0964-2454-41D2-9222-CDFF5D391584.jpeg

Last night I started pulling the budget boost that was on the jeep when I bought it and putting in pro comp springs. New bump stop spacers, cups and jounce bumpers too. Looking at this picture now I kind of wish I would have cleaned and put rust reformer on the bottom perch. (This picture is of the rear)

View attachment 245859
Last night I started pulling the budget boost that was on the jeep when I bought it and putting in pro comp springs. New bump stop spacers, cups and jounce bumpers too. Looking at this picture now I kind of wish I would have cleaned and put rust reformer on the bottom perch. (This picture is of the rear)
My cups and jounce bumpers are pretty rusty/torn so I was debating replacing mine when I do my lift. Which ones did you get? I think I might clean up and paint my perches while I'm at it because I know it will bother me to put nice new shiny parts on rusty parts

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I
My cups and jounce bumpers are pretty rusty/torn so I was debating replacing mine when I do my lift. Which ones did you get? I think I might clean up and paint my perches while I'm at it because I know it will bother me to put nice new shiny parts on rusty parts
I just went with the crown cups.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-a...-93-06-jeep-wrangler-tj-and-grand-cherokee-zj
These are the jounce bumpers I went with.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fairchi...-jeep-grand-cherokee-zj-wrangler-tj-unlimited
They both seem to be of excellent quality.

I

I just went with the crown cups.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/crown-a...-93-06-jeep-wrangler-tj-and-grand-cherokee-zj
These are the jounce bumpers I went with.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/fairchi...-jeep-grand-cherokee-zj-wrangler-tj-unlimited
They both seem to be of excellent quality.
Side note. If you go with the crown cups they do not come with new mounting bolts. I put in new bump stop spacers that did come with new hardware, so that was no big deal for me. Just FYI

Currently just fit one half door on the Jeep. The passenger side seal was replaced with the type that had a track. Yet the driver side doesn’t, you can tell the lack of detail on the track door that it doesn’t belong. This begins the process of transformation. The bolt to remove the lock on this door is super stripped too. Guess I’ll be ordering the correct gasket.

7AA1D6BE-9104-4C10-923E-E7090A216990.jpeg

073954B3-5631-420A-AC93-BCE65CF9A4CA.jpeg

Put factory hood latches on it and tossed the junk aftermarket metal ones in the garbage. Thanks @InOmaha for the parts.

Loading up and heading to a "female driver" off-road event this weekend. My wife will drive until she wants to swap seats. Her seat has risers and I am 6'3" so I am bringing a helmet.

Finally got around to installing the 33x12.5x15 maxxis razr mt today.

Posting mostly to say, I had doubts about the C rated tires. Glad to say they do seem a bit smoother, I am not saying it rides like a caddy but it helps. If you are on the fence about it, try them, you won’t be disappointed.