What did you do to your TJ today?

Nice Autumn day so took my youngest out for a drive....
IMG_0392.jpg
IMG_0403.jpg
IMG_0405.jpg

Friday night I finally completed the install of my pro comp two inch springs to replace the old two inch BB the previous owner installed. Also pulled all of the tie rods while I was in there so hopefully I can get the new parts installed today. While putting in the lift I also noticed that the ball joints appear to be shot. Good excuse to spend money on more parts. Today I will be changing my diff fluid and inspecting all of the internals. I have a weird tin can sound coming from the front end somewhere that I’ve had for almost three years. I replaced the catalytic converters because I was sure that was it. Hopefully I’ll find the source.

Installed Spiderweb shade Tjkini. U have the full length one but I like this better. Back seat is out anyway.
Nice, those look like a useful purchase, and much more reasonably priced than I had anticipated. I'm going to look at getting one

Busy day today! Just picked up this 99 about a month ago. Cleaned up the fenders with Penetrol, replaced a faulty turn signal switch (high beams came on every time I turned right), figured out a way to hang my hard top under my deck (row home with no garage made that interesting) and finally got to see my Jeep topless.
Soft top goes on tomorrow, wish me luck!

View attachment 249067

View attachment 249068

View attachment 249069

View attachment 249070
7D90E9C9-B34A-4456-9FD2-54C9116ED1DB.jpeg

Soft top went on today. Rampage complete kit. Did it solo and have never worked with any type of soft top before but all in all went well and I love the look. Had this Jeep for about a month and have yet to truly take it out and enjoy it but with where it’s at today I’m pretty damn happy and ready to do so.

And don't forget to remove the shock boot
I'm thinking of leaving it on for the rears - as it isn't tied down at the bottom edge so it can drain/dry out to my way of thinking. The fronts though pretty much have to be attached from the bottom - they're outta there! Yes? No? Maybe?

I'm thinking of leaving it on for the rears - as it isn't tied down at the bottom edge so it can drain/dry out to my way of thinking. The fronts though pretty much have to be attached from the bottom - they're outta there! Yes? No? Maybe?
They do more harm than good. I wouldn't leave them on the rear either.

The rears definitely won’t hurt. The only difference in them from the OEM shocks is the a crinkled instead of smooth.

I put the fronts on. After a year and a half i had my shocks off and this is how they looked. many Days of driving on the beach in the Outer Banks, lots of sandy fire service roads and light trails. NO mud and deep water holes though. I imagine they would look different if I had been in that.
When the shocks went back on, so did the boots.

E60D31C9-34BF-42E7-9BEA-4CA5F1BD3C2E.jpeg

Finally installed a no name Zeak winch. It had good reviews and I’m cheap which hopefully won’t come back to bite me. The install was quick and easy enough. The biggest hurdle was a tight gap between the frame and bumper but I used a die grinder bit to expand the holes just enough to get the bolts through. Everything works fine so far but time will tell.
I'm rocking a Zeak winch as well, so far zero issues. Used it today, in fact, to pull out some bushes that died during that Texas cold snap. Wife was finally impressed with something on the jeep.

Also got my adjustable upper control arms installed today, what a difference that made. I went with Rusty's, which I know is not a popular choice but they had the brackets for the brake lines similar to the factory control arms, and 12 hours in I'm happy with my choice. I may go back and give the pinion angle one-ish more degree...looks like it still might be off a hair.

IMG_1483.jpg
IMG_1482.jpg

Also pictured, before & after. Both are with the new 33" wheels. I went from a used 2.5" RC spring-only lift to a 4" Zone Offroad spring/shock/control arm setup, + SYE.

IMG_1274.jpg
IMG_1355.jpg