What did you do to your TJ today?

Sold both Smithy built bumpers on CL and took cash and a new Bestop in trade.
Yesterday, hardtop.
Today, soft top. First time a soft top has graced this jeep!
20210223_151059_resized.jpg
IMG_20210513_182001.jpg

Got my 4 Tow hook Torx from USA today, wasn't happy with the aftermarket Aussie dome Allen key ones as the heads started to show rust within a few days (obviously from China), original shorter Torx that came out of the bumper were still like new after 15 years so Torx are going in stuff the expense!
So far they must be the most expensive TJ tow hooks ever! lol

Shrockworks sliders going on as we speak.

Install got interrupted by lunch :D

Installed a used Currie Currectlync earlier today that I purchased from Williambmac.
Went over to Viking Jeeper's house; he and another Jeep friend assisted me to install the steering.
Many thanks to Viking Jeeper and his Jeep friend for the extra hands and assisting me to do the toe in adjustment (used 1" aluminum square stock clamped to the tires).
Discovered the factory tie rod end castle nuts were not torqued; probably only 15 ft/lbs or less. This would explain the slight wobbles I felt occasionally while recovering from hitting small holes on the street.
The tie rod attached to the pitman arm required a pickle fork since there wasn't enough space due to the power steering lines and radiator hose.
The steering on the highway is more precise and tighter; driving the Jeep up to 75 mph with zero drift or wobble.

NOTE: This steering assembly is recommended by Currie for 2-4" lifts with stock pitman arm or 6" lift with drop pitman arm.
The drag link appears to be too long with the TRE adjusted fully at the pitman arm to center the steering with no lift. What I encountered with my 2" lift; there is 1/2" of adjustment remaining on the pitman arm tie rod end and 1/4" remaining on each of the two lower tie rod ends.

IMG_9477.jpg

Last edited:
Painted the half doors, a lot of doubters on if a rattle can could knock out Bright Metallic silver effectively. I’m pretty flipping happy with the results. View attachment 252415Washed
View attachment 252420Roughed up
View attachment 252417
primed
View attachment 252416
comparing to the full door from factoryView attachment 252418
And the VerdictView attachment 252419
Can I send you my whole Jeep to rattle can for me? Nice job!(y)
p.s. I can't paint without streaking anything other than fender flares. :(

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Reactions: Dunkut88TJ