What did you do to your TJ today?

Today I looked at it

View attachment 252852

whilst sloshing down a series of these

View attachment 252853

grilling a stack of these

View attachment 252859

and eating more of these than is reasonable. Is there anything better than salted peanuts in the shell, the manual transmission of the snack world

View attachment 252854

this is what the leaf blower is for

View attachment 252855View attachment 252856
You win, I tinkered and sloshed down 2, now I’m out. I lose

Reactions: Fonz54
Today I looked at it

View attachment 252852

View attachment 252853

View attachment 252859

and eating more of these than is reasonable. Is there anything better than salted peanuts in the shell, the manual transmission of the snack world

View attachment 252854

You gotta eat those shells!
As for me, I drove it around and took a dam picture.
9837E84C-4AB8-48DF-B9E9-E5DEFB239A51.jpeg

2 things....

1.) @Superjay5 - I am going to need to see more of this hood/fender setup you have got. Looks very nice!

2.) I need directions to clownworld, Westtown willy has got the right idea for a Sunday!
1) afraid you will have to wait abit, tore it all apart to get it ready to paint. They are the poison spyder 3” taper high lines.

2) no clue, but if you find out let me know!

Decided to fully take out my carpets and clean them, they were pretty nasty. All this dirt is just from the two side rear carpets, the others had a lot more. Glad I decided to clean them
IMG_0482.jpg

Also found some rust in the rear footwells unfortunately, it seems like there might have been water pooled there for a while- it's also visible on the bottom. Don't think there's anything I can do about it besides welding in a new piece of metal so I'll leave it for now, might be a good project if I learn to weld since it will be hidden under carpet anyway
IMG_0484.jpg

It also looks like the previous owner cut a hole in the tub to access the rear upper shock bolts on the driver side like a lot of people on here have done, so one less thing I have to worry about. Not sure what the plug towards the front is for however, I think neither of these is factory but I'm not positive
IMG_0483.jpg

Now I just have to clean up the tub and then get the carpets back in the next nice day I get

Got pics of the bracket?
Actually since this system has all the controls on the microphone i decided to mount the system out of the way, so i put it under the passenger airbag switch, and it fit perfectly. I have it plugged into the cigarette lighter for now but will eventually just wire it straight up. And hid the wires behind the center console.
18F3F40A-72CA-416C-AAB3-5F83BBED1D8D.jpeg

EFB1A169-4A89-4B7B-8FEA-93DB91A43D12.jpeg

Today I looked at it

View attachment 252852

View attachment 252853

View attachment 252859

View attachment 252854

I would like to have seen some PBR cans stacked in a pyramid with all them peanuts eaten instead of a single half drunk Miller :)

Power washed off some mud. Cleaned it up a bit- undercarriage, engine bay, and interior. Got rid of the tube bumpers and put on some stock ones.

View attachment 252906

View attachment 252907
I really hate chrome tube bumpers! That’s what was on my TJ when I bought it. It didn’t take me long to get some Smittybilt 2 stage powder coated bumpers with a winch & also some side steps. I’ve included “before & after” pics.

A9CA9E05-C993-4D0E-A93A-162E95D709E5.png

C39C6827-5ABB-4239-9DE1-6847D1733A2C.png

FA61F86B-693A-4DD3-AA00-EC705C1C7A54.jpeg

2FC9622A-8DD7-412F-B807-316F8E05D98A.jpeg

After 4 cans of Eastwood internal frame rust encapsulator sprayed, I sprayed two full cans of rust reformer paint inside my frame this morning. If I ever feel rust flakes again, I will know neither work and give a shit review.
p.s. Tape every hole in your frame and that shit will still drip/pour out of the very front and rear of the frame.

Insulated the doors on the TJ today with Noico 80

View attachment 253014

View attachment 253015
What's the point of doing that on a convertible, if you don't mind me asking? NOTHING reduces noise on a TJ, including hard tops. I've had several and they aren't quiet and don't keep heat in any better than a soft top. They're good for one thing, $500-800. That's it.

Pulled the gas tank to fix the overflow valve. Will be putting the tank back in this week. No way the electrical connection at the tank was coming off. Had to cut the line and will splice it together with another connection. Will be nice to have a fix for filling the tank. I tried the GM fix to no avail.

Oil changed and drove it. Added the bigger 51515 Wix filter just because summer is almost here and the bigger filter holds more oil

Edit: I have to say, I do enjoy the Rotella T4

Last edited:
Reactions: Blondie70