What did you do to your TJ today?

I'm starting to think 3 cars is the way. My LJ's check engine light is on and this morning on the way to work my 2017 Silverado's check engine light came on. Need a back up vehicle for the back up vehicle lol
I have 2 jeeps, one is always handy to chase parts for the other.

Swapped to "newer" windshield frame side molding and added fresh gaskets as the ones on there were cracked at the top. Hoping this helps with standing rain when it starts raining like crazy again.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Playing with AR500 + 7071-T6

IMG_20210522_195500.jpg

IMG_20210522_151026.jpg

Finally got my Moryde carrier finished up and then took it for the first drive of the year. It was only about 15 minutes but everything seemed fine after sitting for the winter. Going to take it to a buddy's cottage tomorrow about 2 1/2 hours away, looking forward to the drive.

It's going through like butter. I need to figure out a better vise setup at some point.
Nice, glad that worked out. Yeah drill press vises are tricky, it's never in the right spot. A thick aluminum sub-plate with fixture and threaded holes would probably be pretty slick with some of the welding fixture clamps.

Been working this a little bit each night, but was finally able to get her out on the road to test all the work I did. Still some to work to go, but runs night and day better and is way quieter. Best of all NO leaks at all. Not bad for a 1/4 million miles :)

Completed most of my 250k (well 245k, but close enough) mile refresh project.
- Rear Main Seal - DONE
- New felpro oil pan gasket and new oil pan - DONE
- New timing chain and sprockets - DONE
- New Harmonic Balancer - DONE
- New water pump - DONE
- New Thermostat, temp sensor, and housing - DONE
- New Valve Cover Gasket - DONE
- New heater core and radiator hoses - DONE
- Cleaned up surface rust and repainted center of frame rails and skid plate - DONE
- New O2 sensors installed - DONE
- Found and fixed exhaust leak at cat to muffler flange - DONE
- Flushed cooling system - DONE
- oil change - DONE

Still to do
- Get new exhaust to fit properly (confirmed OEM mini cat was completely gutted and throwing code)
- Still need to track down P0301 misfire

This forum is awsome, could never have done all of this without it. Thanks @Chris !

Did an oil and filter change and just managed to beat the rain.
Oil in catch pan was clean with no metal or gunk as was the oil in the filter.
The 10w 40 semi synthetic was thinner than the conventional 10w 30 that came out and given I put a $27 synthetic filter on the next low mileage change shouldn't need a new filter? What do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Installed a new kicker sub this weekend, using the factory amp, enough bass for me for now.
Also started to mock up a shelf for the rear, to keep my stuff a bit safer (as my soft top windows are clear, until I get my new Trektop). Will get some similar colored carpet and cover it up :)

8244AE8B-F306-46A2-B5B4-150AFC6DDA0A.jpeg

1F5DB2CE-82D6-4DF5-9195-1772D924FED4.jpeg

1D9DC627-4394-43A2-9E05-BCE5E11839E0.jpeg