What did you do to your TJ today?

Oil change, new plugs and coil rail, changed trans fluid, cleaned throttle body and IAC. And changed O2 sensors- what a PITA! Took the doors off, put on the Spiderwebshade and drove around for a while.
Is there any reason you changed your coil rail? I was going to do this as just a normal maintenance thing but the consensus on here seemed to be "why Change the Coil pack"
Cheers

Reactions: Blondie70
Installed a new kicker sub this weekend, using the factory amp, enough bass for me for now.
Also started to mock up a shelf for the rear, to keep my stuff a bit safer (as my soft top windows are clear, until I get my new Trektop). Will get some similar colored carpet and cover it up :)

View attachment 254310
View attachment 254311
View attachment 254312
Not sure if you have Bunnings in NZ but black and grey Marine carpet is really cheap by the metre plus its water resistant. :)

Been working this a little bit each night, but was finally able to get her out on the road to test all the work I did. Still some to work to go, but runs night and day better and is way quieter. Best of all NO leaks at all. Not bad for a 1/4 million miles :)

Completed most of my 250k (well 245k, but close enough) mile refresh project.
- Rear Main Seal - DONE
- New felpro oil pan gasket and new oil pan - DONE
- New timing chain and sprockets - DONE
- New Harmonic Balancer - DONE
- New water pump - DONE
- New Thermostat, temp sensor, and housing - DONE
- New Valve Cover Gasket - DONE
- New heater core and radiator hoses - DONE
- Cleaned up surface rust and repainted center of frame rails and skid plate - DONE
- New O2 sensors installed - DONE
- Found and fixed exhaust leak at cat to muffler flange - DONE
- Flushed cooling system - DONE
- oil change - DONE

Still to do
- Get new exhaust to fit properly (confirmed OEM mini cat was completely gutted and throwing code)
- Still need to track down P0301 misfire

This forum is awsome, could never have done all of this without it. Thanks @Chris !
Great feeling when you get all the work done by yourself. From one Virginian to another, (y)

Finished the complete exhaust replacement, with 02 sensors, topped off with a Savvy UA system.

20210522_124434-jpg.jpg

20210522_125259-jpg.jpg

20210522_125351-jpg.jpg

Installed a new kicker sub this weekend, using the factory amp, enough bass for me for now.
Also started to mock up a shelf for the rear, to keep my stuff a bit safer (as my soft top windows are clear, until I get my new Trektop). Will get some similar colored carpet and cover it up :)

View attachment 254310
View attachment 254311
View attachment 254312
I must be OLD! My 2006 puts out enough travelling Bass for my old ears and I am a bass player lol Never did the Duff Duff even when I was E ing :) lol

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and phraza
Nothing wrong with stock. I'm trying to keep the stock feel, just with better parts! ;)
My stock TJ tow hooks cost me well over $100US with original Torx, gonna be close to $400 for Original Fogs but I am not at this stage interested in a lift with 33,s so the spend in my mind is small in comparison :)

Reactions: Blondie70 and Irun
My stock TJ tow hooks cost me well over $100US with original Torx, gonna be close to $400 for Original Fogs but I am not at this stage interested in a lift with 33,s so the spend in my mind is small in comparison :)
We do take it for granted for sure. Especially, when seeing what you have to pay for parts that get thrown away here!

• Sad
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Did an oil and filter change and just managed to beat the rain.
Oil in catch pan was clean with no metal or gunk as was the oil in the filter.
The 10w 40 semi synthetic was thinner than the conventional 10w 30 that came out and given I put a $27 synthetic filter on the next low mileage change shouldn't need a new filter? What do you think?
You probably technically could go another cycle with that filter but it’d be a good idea to see what the manufacturer suggests the mileage interval is between changes.
If it was me, I’d change it though. The oil may be clean but the filter is still catching debris, so the old oil being clean means the filter is doing its job not that it is clean necessarily.

Personally, I’d rather run a “good” brand like Mobile1 or Mopar oil filter and change it every time than to go higher end and cringe at the extra cost.
Just my two cents though.

During a recent trip to visit Viking Jeeper there were strong winds while crossing Doctors Lake which caused my hood to lift slightly causing a hopping effect.
Today I replaced the factory rubber hood restraining straps with the Daystar poly hood restraining straps.
I bought Mopar original replacements. Expensive but worth it.

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
Installed a Jensen CAR710X head unit with a Sirius/XM tuner. Nice little unit with CarPlay. Mounted the microphone on the steering column, hid the Satellite Radio antenna in the roll bar padding between the sound pods, and added a USB port in the dash to plug in for CarPlay. Should suit my needs well. Between this head unit and the 5.25“ Kickers in the dash and sound bar, my “system” sounds a million times better than what my TJ had when I bought it.

A34E5DAD-C5FF-4F78-8C3A-3E575777592A.jpeg

30C269B8-A2B7-4C5B-A069-3DE21E3872ED.jpeg

51CB3A30-78FE-46F1-996E-137320691F29.jpeg