What did you do to your TJ today?

Currie steering, trac bar, front diff cover.

4B98A6CD-A715-4BD3-B25C-85F2BFF424D9.jpeg

Reactions: L J and TJ Starting
Today I completed the SYE install. I took the TC completely out and I'm glad I did because man getting those lock rings off were brutal.... I took a dremel to one to get it off. Looks like the original 1997 TC case, but the internals looked really good, so maybe it was rebuilt not long ago. 2 weeks ago I got an ~ok~ deal on a Rubi dana 44 with the locker and popped that in place of the dana 35. I had to buy the airpump elsewhere, man those are surprisingly expensive. Been driving in 4 hi with rear drive shaft out for the past 2 weeks and now that the SYE is in I could take my measurement for the driveshaft from Tom Woods. 16 and 1/8 inches with a settled Currie 4 inch lift and Dana 44. My whole body hurts and I now have a callus on my right palm from wrenching so much lately. Life is good.

IMG_0445[1].JPG

IMG_0358[1].JPG

Last edited:
How much lift and what tire size is that? Tough to tell from that angle.

I like the stance and ground clearance! 👍
Thank you. I’m still moving all my parts over from the TJ. This has some sort of budget 2” lift from terraflex I believe. I have 3” Currie lift and Savvy armor still to swap over. I have a trip Thursday-Sunday on mount trails. Not a lot of rocks. So I tossed the steering on quick. 285 75R16 pro comp mt2 tires. I will buy them again. I’ve been happy.
I still need to swap the control arms, mml, bl, tummy tuck, gas tank skid, rear trac bar and some other small parts From the red Jeep.

D62FF55E-2FEA-4C19-8D67-D5416A59DCE1.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting and L J
Had a great weekend wheeling and late Sunday afternoon after the final trail on the last small hill climb back to the gravel road my lower control arm bracket snapped off, and my front drive shaft slipped out. From the look of it its been cracked for a while.

Other casualties were my cooling fan relay, easy trail fix with a swap from the ARB relay until we got back to camp. My amp stopped working again, warranty replacement in the mail already. Love Crutchfield customer service. My buddies Honda Talon had some bent link arms in the rear. Pushing limits this trip out.

I have a set of Artec HD brackets on the way and hope the reuse the drive shaft. It will be much stronger once done.

IMG_6078.JPG

Also bent a rear link somehow. We ran some tough stuff this weekend, all part of the fun I guess. When they installed this lift they had the axle farther back then I would have done. Evident by all the threads showing on the link. Will pull it forward an inch when I replace the parts. Its rubbing the gas tank skid anyway.

IMG_6082.JPG

Welp, I got my Advance Adapters sye put in the first of last week and then ordered a Tom Woods driveshaft. Shaft arrived today, I was really excited, so tired of driving in front wheel drive. Unboxed it and started getting stuff ready to install.... but wait, something dont look right. Called and yep they had a typo on their end. Accidentally sent me a non CV shaft. 😔 But they said they'll ship the correct one tommorow and I should for sure have it by the end of the week. So we'll see.
20210606_222601.jpg

I guess I'll just install my Hayden fan clutch and Core 4x4 arms while I'm waiting.

What’s the Chinese word for Macho..

I installed a Badlands winch on a Smittybuilt bumper. And I used the extra cables includedto do the Big three upgrade!

I had already upgraded the alternator to a 170 AMP.

Getting ready for a Western United States swing this summer and fall.

823FE775-AB9B-469C-A757-22520C4FB47D.jpeg

255CE1D7-44EB-44DD-8326-167736F3C924.jpeg

Reactions: Russ_S
View attachment 257252View attachment 257253New exhaust, finally! I've been patching and welding and wiring for years now. No more!
That looks really good! Are you just running a glass pack? How does it sound? I have been trying to decide how to improve the sound of my TJ for a while but haven't pulled the trigger. I would like something that sounds a little throatier than my stock muffler, but would rather not wake the neighbors when I leave in the morning . . .

Reactions: Blackegg