What did you do to your TJ today?

Andy,
Not true
Got ya, the seller told me that was why it had them ....not sure what all these guys knew...it is so strange...so much of this jeep is so well done, and then there are things that I can’t explain.

I’m coming to the conclusion the motor swap was done by different people than the suspension.

Reactions: Wildman
Cleaned my change holder...how funny...as if a Jeep owner would actually have 2 nickels to rub together.

I guess we are pretty hard up for some attention, change holder pics.

image.jpg

I sorta hope it doesn’t. Like I said, I priced it where I wouldn’t be unhappy if it did. A few flakes already annoyed me enough to want to keep it
I went through the same crap when I sold my Rubicon 3 years ago. Idiots offering me half of my asking price or asking questions that were already answered in my ad. I have a low tolerance for people like that.

I went through the same crap when I sold my Rubicon 3 years ago. Idiots offering me half of my asking price or asking questions that were already answered in my ad. I have a low tolerance for people like that.
Gas (petrol) prises will eventually determine the market value of a TJ .
I couldnt get a TJ a year ago and prises skyrocketed, now there are a lot more on the market at more reasonable $$$ because Joes 17 year old daughter or Bobs son at collage cant afford the fuel and never could!
Gas went up where I live to $1.70 au a litre ($5.25us a gallon) and we dont have fuel shortages due to delivery problems like US.
We have Cheaper fuel the further away from payday and prises shoots up on Wednesday afternoons (common pay day in Oz) until Saturday when they start to fall until Wednesday where the shoot up again. The queues at gas stations for fuel a few cents cheaper tells the story.
Me I leave for work at 5am and the regulated fuel prices cannot change until 6am :)

I couldnt get a TJ a year ago and prises skyrocketed, now there are a lot more on the market at more reasonable $$$ because Joes 17 year old daughter or Bobs son at collage cant afford the fuel and never could!
Gas went up where I live to $1.70 au a litre ($5.25us a gallon) and we dont have fuel shortages due to delivery problems like US.
We have Cheaper fuel the further away from payday and prises shoots up on Wednesday afternoons (common pay day in Oz) until Saturday when they start to fall until Wednesday where the shoot up again. The queues at gas stations for fuel a few cents cheaper tells the story.
Me I leave for work at 5am and the regulated fuel prices cannot change until 6am :)
$5.25 a gallon? I thought the $2.60 I paid was bad.:) The XJ I sold a year ago to buy my Rubicon back is for sale now for that very reason. Kid is going to college and needs a Prius for the gas mileage. He's asking almost $8,000 for it. if he hadn't overheated it and replaced the head, I would have offered him $5,500.

Where'd you get the switch panel?

12v Guy sells some nice panels. It's too bad that 12V Unlimited isn't around as IMO they both offered items that were just enough different to offer options to many people.

http://12voltguy.net/product-category/jeep/
Got ya, the seller told me that was why it had them ....not sure what all these guys knew...it is so strange...so much of this jeep is so well done, and then there are things that I can’t explain.

I’m coming to the conclusion the motor swap was done by different people than the suspension.

As has been discussed many times in different threads one of the GOOD reasons for doing the Dodge magnum or Hemi swap over the other engines offered by GM or Ford is that you can retain your stock dash without having to jump thru a ton of hoops and run two PCM's. From my understanding if you want to keep a stock dash with a LS swap you have to use the stock PCM to send the signals to it which also means you run two sets of sensors. And I'd heard that there were issues getting the tach to work properly.
With a Dodge engine the PCM mounts in the stock spot just like the Jeep PCM. And the way the communication is between the PCM and dash it doesn't need anything else. All my gauges work just like they did with the 4 cylinder.

I'm not saying a LS isn't a great swap I'm just pointing out one of the other reasons many people go with the magnum V-8.

Last edited:
Got started yesterday on the MORryde tailgate upgrade. Used an impact driver for the first time. Dealing with corroded hardware. Had to drill out 3 of the bolt heads. Got all the stuff off. Tommorow gonna finish it up the best I can.

tailgate001.jpg

tailgate002.jpg

tailgate003.jpg

Read on here in the past you can disconnect the 3rd brake light. Got it done. May not hook it back up.
tailgate004.jpg

This is how I’m gonna get me a LJ.

12v Guy sells some nice panels. It's too bad that 12V Unlimited isn't around as IMO they both offered items that were just enough different to offer options to many people.

http://12voltguy.net/product-category/jeep/

As ahs been discussed many times in different threads one of the GOOD reasons for doing the Dodge magnum or Hemi swap over the other engines offered by GM or Ford is that you can retain your stock dash without having to jump thru a ton of hoops and run two PCM's. From my understanding if you want to keep a stock dash with a LS swap you have to use the stock PCM to send the signals to it which also means you run two sets of sensors. And I'd heard that there were issues getting the tach to work properly.
With a Dodge engine the PCM mounts in the stock spot just like the Jeep PCM. And the way the communication is between the PCM and dash it doesn't need anything else. All my gauges work just like they did with the 4 cylinder.

I'm not saying a LS isn't a great swap I'm just pointing out one of the other reasons many people go with the magnum V-8.
Your right I have a LT1 in my TJ and run the GM and the jeeps pcms and two obds and the only gauges that work are the speedo and the fuel gauge. I have a tach and water temp gauges on the dash . The volt meter and the oil pressure gauges are not accurate, also run a painless harness and fuse block for the GM. LOTS OF WIRES

Reactions: Wildman
Got started yesterday on the MORryde tailgate upgrade. Used an impact driver for the first time. Dealing with corroded hardware. Had to drill out 3 of the bolt heads. Got all the stuff off. Tommorow gonna finish it up the best I can.

View attachment 258839
View attachment 258840
View attachment 258841

Read on here in the past you can disconnect the 3rd brake light. Got it done. May not hook it back up.
View attachment 258842
Did the same to mine the other day. Find a grommet/plug kit. Mine had the perfect size plug for the tail light wire hole.

Reactions: RINC
I drove 100 miles with the top off today. I loaded a trailer full of furniture and drove down to move my daughter.

In August I move the other one.

Pulled fine at 65-70 mph with 35 inch tires. I stay off the interstate and take a 2 lane highway because 80 mph is a little too fast. And the large trucks push you around with wind.

Your right I have a LT1 in my TJ and run the GM and the jeeps pcms and two obds and the only gauges that work are the speedo and the fuel gauge. I have a tach and water temp gauges on the dash . The volt meter and the oil pressure gauges are not accurate, also run a painless harness and fuse block for the GM. LOTS OF WIRES

I'll never argue that the LS motors might be a better platform than the Dodge magnum V-8's but for ease of engine swaps if you have a 02 or older rig they are a cheaper and easier swap. Out of the box no the LS wins hands down in the power department but if you spend a little money you can get some respectable numbers from either the 5.2 or 5.9. Will they archive the MPG that a LS gets? No but I don't drive a TJ to compete with Prius.

Even if you used more inexpensive gauges you're still looking at $500 for a new dash of 6 gauges with turn signal indicators, parking brake & check engine lights & then if you're annul a 4x4 light. It all adds up. So being able to retain my stock dash was a HUGE deal in my choice of engines.

I've been wanting to find out of any of the shorty headers would work in a TJ frame and got lucky when someone posted in one of the FB magnum V-8 groups I belong to about these headers for a really great price. Even if I DON'T run these I can use them for mock up as I figure out my exhaust. Currently I have a pair of block hugger headers.

https://www.protuninglab.com/hds-dr96v8.html

Screenshot (79).png

They're suppose to be here tomorrow so we'll see.