What did you do to your TJ today?

1623869270677.png

Pulled the rear Eaton E-locker to see if it was repairable. It is but parts are backordered. To be fair it lasted me 10 years worth of abuse. So I will pick up a new ARB in the morning at my local shop who has it in stock thankfully. So the Jeep will only be down for one weekend. Since I replaced my front Eaton E locker with an ARB two years ago anyway I already have a compressor mounted.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Finally getting back to working on the jeep. Replaced shocks all around with some cheapo amazon special, still way better than the blown ones they replaced. Getting a new stocker bumper to replace the one i bent in moab so I can mount this steering gear skid I got. Also got the YJ half doors installed for the summer - they're awesome!

I've got everything minus new paint for the hardtop repair, little nervous to mess it up so waiting for the motivation to strike me.

I need to do something about my axles so I've been on the look out for some take offs - still debating if I want to rebuild my 30/35 or try to find d44s or something stronger

Reactions: Apparition
Finally getting back to working on the jeep. Replaced shocks all around with some cheapo amazon special, still way better than the blown ones they replaced. Getting a new stocker bumper to replace the one i bent in moab so I can mount this steering gear skid I got. Also got the YJ half doors installed for the summer - they're awesome!

I've got everything minus new paint for the hardtop repair, little nervous to mess it up so waiting for the motivation to strike me.

I need to do something about my axles so I've been on the look out for some take offs - still debating if I want to rebuild my 30/35 or try to find d44s or something stronger
Saw two different take off sets of axles. dana 44's on KSL.com

Tuesday I had to go rescue my baby from the Cali state line. 600 mile round trip through 117 degree temps. Was driving the bug back from a week event in Chino and the coil slid down in its mount and shorted all the wires and the wiring harness went up in smoke from back to front almost burnt the car to the ground. Lucikly it didn't. CA State Trooper emergency tow an hour and a half closer (still 2.5hrs away) was going to cost $800 to $1000. So my buddy who was following me pulled me 7 miles to the next town where I put it in a hotel parking lot overnight so I could come back home and rent a Uhaul dolly for $45 and drive the jeep back to get it.

Jeep did fine 70+mph with the AC on for the most part. It went through some coolant all of a sudden and got hot for a few min then went back down. So I'll have to check that out soon.

Jeep rolled over 60k miles on this trip :(

UOhH-0uR9gEVwSUBsXyQIdPww=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

-BxKd9m5sz5E5MLzakZs-mllA=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

94xjIC-Gb7SMTEjJGPvw41T-w=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg
B1LP5Psv62b6qQ3rX7Tktxbjg=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg
tPImXPjI2nOSmrQsgcPd3O1AfQ=w703-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

Did you do the cable shifter too

Speaking of a TC cable shifter .... I have one on order from Savvy. Along with the body/motor mount lifts, 4" springs, short arm kit with front/rear track bars.

I am starting to spend the money I have saved up for the big stuff. I hope to have this rig built before the end of the year. I wanna run around on the rocks with the rest of these Arizona peeps.

After a couple of shops I contacted about re-gearing my Dana 30/Dana 35 were pushing me to have them install an 8.8 rear, I bought a Dana 44 rear.
dana44001.jpg

dana44002.jpg

dana44003.jpg

dana44004.jpg