What did you do to your TJ today?

Any one know why years ago we could not have todays’ military grade fireworks but it was perfectly fine for a drunk uncle to give a 5 year old a sparkler in each hand that you could cut into an Abrams tank with?
Because snakes

1625370981878.gif

I was in the process of restoration when it happened. Bought it from my brother-in law in 81. He got it from my father-in-law who bought it new.
Wow that’s crazy.
I bought mine from a guy in San Francisco who got it from his grandad. Who bought it new. Stayed it’s whole life in San Fran. I got pretty lucky with it

Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'
Got my PA amp bolted up to the ARR overhead mount:
39d.JPG

399.JPG

Still to be wired. Goes between the CB and the PA horn under the hood. Beats me as to why CB manufacturers add a PA function, then give you 7 watts to drive it with. This will fix it, little mono 50 watt amp! I need to find out the spec on the GMRS radio's power plug, so I can make a piggyback adapter.

I went to change my diff fluid to something certainly conventional to try to quiet down the TTs. Problem is I can’t fill the Dana 35 to 1.75 qts. Only 1.5ish until fluid poured out. This is due to my DS angle.
Curious if people just fill what they can, go with an aftermarket cover, or reduce the angle-fill-then angle back?

Moved my AntiRock links from the loosest setting to the middle setting (New style AntiRock) because my wife said it was too “wobbly”. LOL

Reactions: Blazin_LJ and L J
I've had my LJ for about 2 months now. Yesterday my wife wanted to drive one of her girlfriends around in the Jeep so she took it for the first time. Somehow, she lost the one and only key. She called a locksmith and $150 later we had a new key. I told her to go ahead and get a second key which was another 50 bucks. I told her we needed a second key anyway and the price has to be cheaper than we would have gotten at the dealer.

• Sad
Reactions: L J and FarFire70
Picked up a NIB original LJ soft top with all the hardware for $250.00 off Facebook Marketplace.

Thankfully the seller was willing to hold it for me till today. Was north of Pittsburgh and a 4 hour drive to get it. Seller said they bought a new 2006 Unlimited during the winter and 2 months after purchasing the jeep her brother totaled it. They never had the chance to put the top on it and instead just threw it in storage until 3 weeks ago. I was surprised that she still had it because her for sale post was 2 weeks old when I saw it.

View attachment 263030

View attachment 263031

View attachment 263032

View attachment 263033
Score.

I bet her husband was like “see, I told you your brother was an idiot” when he totaled their new one for them.

Last edited: