What did you do to your TJ today?

Took her for a nice drive. Thank God (or Ralph Peo) for AC. Too damn hot and humid to ride around without it.
Rubi 7 7 21.jpg

p.s.
On October 7, 1935, Ralph Peo of Houde Engineering, Buffalo, NY, applied for a patent for an "Air Cooling Unit for Automobiles". U.S. Patent 2,099,227, was granted on November 16, 1937. In 1939, Packard became the first automobile manufacturer to offer an air conditioning unit in its cars.

This has been a long and slow journey for me. Deciding which direction to go. How big of a lift, which lift. After hanging out with @AndyG since returning from my last deployment and being able to drive his two Rubicon’s. All the reading here on the forum. I decided on the Old Man Emu (OME) 2.5” lift. Back order due to the pandemic. D’oh! When the OME lift kit got here. Wow. Good quality products. Beefy stuff. New springs, new shocks, new steering stabilizer, new pan hard relocate / move it higher bracket for the rear track bar. After tearing into it the first time, we noticed the dry rotted bump stops. Also, the stock sway bar links will not work. They are now too short and angle the sway bar down. No worries @AndyG said. We talked about different ones. @AndyG spoke highly of the JKS quick disconnect / adjustable sway bar links. I remember reading good things about JKS. I ordered those and front & rear adjustable track bars. Again, really nice products. OME & JKS have beefy stuff. Back order. D’oh! Finally get the JKS stuff in. Schedules happen. No time in May. June works out well for the front. Took about 5hrs and all of sweat 😅. Installed the front springs, front shocks, sway bar quick disconnect links the steering stabilizer, bump stops & the front adjustable track bar. July rolls around and we get back on schedule. Five hours later and we now have the rear springs, rear shocks, rear pan hard relocation bracket, rear adjustable track bar, & bump stops installed. Everyone needs 2-3 really good floor jacks. We only had one floor jack and a lot of can do attitude. I also inttalled two factory tow hooks that I powder coated pure orange on the front bumper. Still need to install the rear tow hook also powder coated pure orange. I wanted something different than red tow hooks. I am sure glad I have a great fiend in @AndyG to help me build this Jeep. More too come after my next deployment which is soon. Oh and the side steps are super beefy. Those were awkward to install. The last pictures are for comparison to before and after. Again, @AndyG saved me serious money with his experience and help. Plus I got a good friend and memories in the process. Never Jeep alone.

View attachment 263834

View attachment 263835

View attachment 263836

View attachment 263837

View attachment 263838

View attachment 263839

View attachment 263840

View attachment 263841

View attachment 263842

View attachment 263843

View attachment 263844

View attachment 263845

View attachment 263846

View attachment 263847

View attachment 263848

View attachment 263849

View attachment 263850

View attachment 263851

View attachment 263852

View attachment 263853
Chief,

You are so right about @AndyG he is such a good/great person!!!! He is a wealth of knowledge and always willing to help any way he can. Your jeep is looking mighty fine!!!!! It will be time to go wheeling when you get back from deployment so start making plans now!!!!!

Reactions: Chief Brohician
Chief,

You are so right about @AndyG he is such a good/great person!!!! He is a wealth of knowledge and always willing to help any way he can. Your jeep is looking mighty fine!!!!! It will be time to go wheeling when you get back from deployment so start making plans now!!!!!
We will have to plan a trail ride. July / August next year. I think I have a school they want me to attend in September. We shall see.

Reactions: John Cooper
Chief,

Hopefully one day I can be a wealth of correct knowledge😁

I enjoy helping people, i need that in life.

Completed an obstacle I have been wanting to try for a while. Had to wait for my soft top to come in to avoid destroying my hard top on this one. Lost some paint on the door frame, and rear fender. Expected as much, every scratch is a story.

Completed an obstacle I have been wanting to try for a while. Had to wait for my soft top to come in to avoid destroying my hard top on this one. Lost some paint on the door frame, and rear fender. Expected as much, every scratch is a story.

View attachment 263943
I was afraid you yeehaw'd it too early. Way to stay with it.

I was afraid you yeehaw'd it too early. Way to stay with it.
Someone else yeehaw'd. I had the front right tire way in the air. Lots of rollovers on this obstacle with short wheel base stuff. The video does not do it justice. Someone back flipped a TJ on it recently. It leans hard into the rock face too. Hard to do it with zero damage. It was fun.

Reactions: Apparition
Someone else yeehaw'd. I had the front right tire way in the air. Lots of rollovers on this obstacle with short wheel base stuff. The video does not do it justice. Someone back flipped a TJ on it recently. It leans hard into the rock face too. Hard to do it with zero damage. It was fun.
When you watch it, you don't get anything close to the feeling you get sitting in the seat. You made it look easy...nicely done! (y)

Reactions: AMS417
The Ilco chip keys that I bought were less than $10 each. Keys, programming, cutting and labor could easily be done for $200. If he was charged $200 for two regular keys, he was ripped off.
One was an emergency service where they come to you. $150 is a GREAT deal for that. the second key should have been no more than 6$ though.

I got a few small projects finished up, but did end up with a back burner project up front. Lost a speaker in the pod so changed out both to the JBL 6.5s. Sounds 1000% better pervious owner put a Jvc CD player that is horrible so that and figuring out if the fronts are just not wired in or blown will be next project.

non-Jeep related bought a super practical daily driver in a c5 convertible, I had a Subaru Outback the tech was awesome and horrible in one, but when the dealer offers to pay you 500 less than what you bought the car for 2 years ago it’s hard to say no.

8BED7AB9-61F4-4091-A927-7971C9799893.jpeg

2F9F45F2-FE96-4C79-8480-ACC62167A68B.jpeg

1361E297-996B-4B1A-9A17-A60A9693DD8E.jpeg

Finished spraying the interior floorboards with liner Tuesday. Took her in yesterday for an oil change and had my friend bolt in the female rear seatbelts while I was there. Then over to the paint shop for an estimate on getting her cleaned up and painted. Last night got her covered up and ready for the incoming Elsa remnants… if rain is not in the forecast she just gets a regular car cover every night… she’s a Spoiled Brat … and yes that is now her name.

FEC7578F-1B20-43E0-9A66-6AADE2F9DE6F.jpeg

3D50EE8A-D75D-4F97-BA50-AE4CAAF209BF.jpeg

EA022556-842D-494F-9AA7-E1FF8888859D.jpeg

F3CF2390-A492-4DE9-99B0-DFFAF0051001.jpeg