What did you do to your TJ today?

I cut the wrong wire and severed a shielded video cable for the camera install. The repair seems virtually impossible - it’s a super tiny cable. So I ordered another camera and have to wait for it to arrive. I’m usually very careful and was quite disappointed with myself.
Shit happens.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I cut the wrong wire and severed a shielded video cable for the camera install. The repair seems virtually impossible - it’s a super tiny cable. So I ordered another camera and have to wait for it to arrive. I’m usually very careful and was quite disappointed with myself.
Let me guess. The cable in question isn't connectorized on one end...

Let me guess. The cable in question isn't connectorized on one end...
No it has the connector about 20 feet on the other end. I was under the dash and was supposed to cut the "black" wire to connect a ground. Both wires were black and I failed to pay attention to which one, as the right one was not in my face and the wrong was was right there. My brain jumped the gun.

• Sad
Reactions: Blondie70 and Zorba
I bought mine a baby brother today. 2004 Sahara Edition.103000 miles. 4.0 straight six auto. Old mans car for an old man .

B276885A-E707-4C32-A531-C780E8C460CB.jpeg

F44CDA09-26EB-4E9B-B98D-B1E699F42277.jpeg

A411C69B-31CB-48A9-85F0-3D2AB15B8A3A.jpeg

Well got mine back from the paint shop. Snapped these 2 before I got home. Soon as I pulled into the shop, it started raining. Gonna hang the half door and adjust them tomorrow and put the Trek Top back on tomorrow (just the safari part right now) then I will clean up the flares and get better pictures.
View attachment 265343View attachment 265344
Yours looks like mine....but with a great new paint job! Got an estimate for paint, was going to pass until I saw your pics...now I might just go ahead and do it 😄

I finished up priming and painting the rusty area of the frame where the New Venture bumper braces will install. Also did some priming/painting of other portions of the frame. I need some hardware I bought from boltdepot to show up before I can re-install the rear bumper, although the braces themselves included (nice!) hardware so I can install them when the paint dries (read: tomorrow).