What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally got some time after traveling a ton for work. Was able to do some cosmetic projects like changing the front and side turn signal markers to a smoked marker, and finished the wiring for the backlighting for my grille. Pumped for a few upcoming beach trips
%TGnQJgFRAaHO97dgczwrQ.jpg

Haven’t driven mine since Saturday because of stupid rain … but Saturday while I was at work I installed my new headlights and put my finally arrived stickers on her. Driving her today, I’m excited to be able to see driving home tonight. On the plus side my CEL went off 43 miles after it went on… gas cap? Most likely but my guy is going to smoke it anyway to make sure there’s no leak in a hose somewhere. I am looking for a hitch mount bike rack any suggestions? I am not driving far so it doesn't have to be heavy duty.

View attachment 267759

View attachment 267760

View attachment 267761

View attachment 267762

View attachment 267763

View attachment 267764
Interested to hear how you like the headlights.

Started the infamous valve cover gasket replacement project today. OMG, what a pain in the ass that rear wiring harness cover is. It just seemed to be in the way for everything. Got the cover off finally. Took the old gasket off. Looks original with the factory part number and all stamped into it. It was definitely leaking around the back side. The rubber grommet gaskets were also cracked on most of the rear bolts. Enough for today. Tomorrow I'll clean it all up and start the re-assembly. Jeep has right at 105K on the clock.

Finally got some time after traveling a ton for work. Was able to do some cosmetic projects like changing the front and side turn signal markers to a smoked marker, and finished the wiring for the backlighting for my grille. Pumped for a few upcoming beach tripsView attachment 267774
Does it burn wood or coal?

Checked my transfer skid plate bolts to make sure they would come out without spinning the nutserts in preparation for removing the kid and installing my Savvy transfer shifter cable. I also lowered each side down just a little bit to check the frame for rust. Seen some minor surface rust so I’ll be cleaning that up and repaint it while the skid is off.

I think I’ll add a washer or two between the frame and skid just to give it a little air gap between the frame and skid.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on doing that?

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
Checked my transfer skid plate bolts to make sure they would come out without spinning the nutserts in preparation for removing the kid and installing my Savvy transfer shifter cable. I also lowered each side down just a little bit to check the frame for rust. Seen some minor surface rust so I’ll be cleaning that up and repaint it while the skid is off.

I think I’ll add a washer or two between the frame and skid just to give it a little air gap between the frame and skid.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on doing that?
Seems like a good idea to me. I added one washer between my skid and frame after I cleaned up and painted mine.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Started the infamous valve cover gasket replacement project today. OMG, what a pain in the ass that rear wiring harness cover is. It just seemed to be in the way for everything. Got the cover off finally. Took the old gasket off. Looks original with the factory part number and all stamped into it. It was definitely leaking around the back side. The rubber grommet gaskets were also cracked on most of the rear bolts. Enough for today. Tomorrow I'll clean it all up and start the re-assembly. Jeep has right at 105K on the clock.
OK, the video from JeepFix notes 85 in/lb on the cover bolts but the FSM states 115 in/lb. Does JeepFix know something the factory doesn't?

Well I tackled the door handles today, it’s 94 here in East Tennessee and feels like a 102, thank goodness these doors come off took them inside with the AC.
Really wasn’t to awful one side took me a bit to get figured out and completed the other was done in 30 minutes.
1C447085-FC52-4696-834D-667CBC696D4A.jpeg

Old and the new
8E21265E-5830-4CB0-B879-42591CD4ABE1.jpeg

Someone was suppose to help and gave up.
464D1112-4D9B-4F24-A6F7-DFB16A5CB57C.jpeg

Well I tackled the door handles today, it’s 94 here in East Tennessee and feels like a 102, thank goodness these doors come off took them inside with the AC.
Really wasn’t to awful one side took me a bit to get figured out and completed the other was done in 30 minutes.

Old and the new

Someone was suppose to help and gave up.
Clean the mechanisms and hit em with some dry grease while you're in there.... it'll make em feel like new doors!

Finished the valve cover replacment project this afternoon. Will see if it fixes the oil leak or if I need to look into the RMS.
Spent a lot of time prepping the surfaces clean and smooth before re-assembly. The re-assembly went a lot smoother than the disassembly. Replaced the PCV, breather tube, large grommets, and hoses as long as I was in there.

I also installed the trucklite knockoffs. The beam seems really high as others have noted. Don't know if I'm going to have enough down adjustment to keep them out of oncoming driver's eyes. Will do some more adjusting/testing after dark.