What did you do to your TJ today?

Drove it to work yesterday mainly to adjust and tryout on the way home my new Cibie H4 housings and 80/100 bulbs. One of the parking garages had all the things you need, flat ground up against a wall and dark. Adjustment went well and the drive home last night was amazing, super happy with the mod. Also I was stuck behind a sheriff going the speed limit for about 8miles without any sign that my lights were too bright so I guess my adjustment is close enough.

If it is a vent the vent end would be mounted up high somewhere to minimize water intrusion. Other end at a diff or trans. Follow to the other end to find out what it is.

Yup. Hair dryer should work. I have a heat gun that I hit it with for a few seconds and it peeled right up. Can see where the sticker was from the paint fading if you look hard enough but it’s not too noticeable.

That “wrangler” and “4.0” sticker I ordered somewhere off eBay. It was a lot that comes with those two as well as “Jeep” and “sport” if you choose to use those too. Can be ordered in any color to match. It was fairly cheap. Under $10 I believe.
Hey! Thanks!
I really appreciate the info.

Reactions: jazngab
0.jpg

Finished the painting up, final assembly, and installation of the @Jerry Bransford cross front seat 5lb fire extinguisher bracket. The angle I had on hand wasn't quite wide enough, resulting in the extinguisher being a BCH too high. So I added some flat stock to lower it enough for seat clearance, painted it, and on it went!

I think I rather like this mounting - I didn't think that much of it when I first saw it, but it seems to work quite well...

I shelled my rear slip yoke and u-joints a few weeks back so today was SYE and new Tom Woods driveshafts with double cardan joints front and rear. Went ahead and did a transmission mount while in there. Found a little rust on the frame under the skid so cleaned it up with a wire wheel and primed and painted the frame and skid. Only issue was the 98 degree heat we have going on.

Reactions: Wranglerfix and L J
Needed a way to lockup my laptop bag while running errands to/from work. Didn’t want to loose the flexibility with the bestop Instatrunk and I wasn’t paying $350 for a used Mopar one. 1 hardside “pelican style case”, 3 keyed alike locks, 4ft steel cable around the rollbar. Should be enough to stop anyone looking for an easy parking lot score.

F25134F9-9A2A-4FCE-8D9D-A9DFBC1F871E.jpeg

Needed a way to lockup my laptop bag while running errands to/from work. Didn’t want to loose the flexibility with the bestop Instatrunk and I wasn’t paying $350 for a used Mopar one. 1 hardside “pelican style case”, 3 keyed alike locks, 4ft steel cable around the rollbar. Should be enough to stop anyone looking for an easy parking lot score.

View attachment 268077
I use a similar setup for an item in my checked luggage when I fly. I usually run the cable through a padlock on one side of the pelican case and then lock the cable to the other side. This leaves 2 padlocks locking the case with a cable through each. Just a little more difficult to steal.

Reactions: red02tj and Alex01
Over the last 10 days I completely disassembled the stock fog lights including separating the lense from the reflector for a full cleaning. Just a little dusty inside. The reflectors were in great shape with zero rust. While I had them apart I removed the light baffle to get a full 360 reflection. The face of the lenses were quite oxidized but they cleaned up well with Mr Clean Magic Eraser sheets. Bright and shiny. I had to clean, sand, and repaint the mounting brackets. Then they got mounted to my new Garvin bumper hoop. Extended the pigtails to keep the connector tucked under the fender. Next up, bob the bumper.
0717211129.jpg
0717211130.jpg
0718211638.jpg
0720210945.jpg
0727211646.jpg

Would you go all black if you had to pay full price for the paint job? I am contemplating having mine painted or wrapped, Blacks a shit color when you have no undercover parking!
Probably not as black is one of the hardest colors to paint. I thought of changing the color but that would have been more labor intensive.

Reactions: williambmac and Hog