What did you do to your TJ today?

Cheated on my TJ today. Rented a new JL out of Phoenix.

The TJ gods were pissed at me. Woke up to this...

20210817_070222.jpg

Nothing new, still waiting on the guy that rear-ended me insurance to get back with us and let us know what their plan is.

So I have been daily driving my TJ. I did make an appointment with my local tire store for next Wednesday to get the tires rotated and balanced and the alignment done, before we head to the Smokey mountain jeep Invasion next Thursday.

Finally got my JCR trail doors and high line fenders. Got my trail doors and stock mirrors mounted up today.

Was also able to get my stock fenders and rear fender flares off. Now just gotta out the front together and figure out how I’m gonna lay everything out in the engine compartment and what I want to do with the rear fender..

View attachment 271331

You won't need rear fender flares were you are going.
200.gif

Purchased a set of bronze “beadlock ready” 392 Gladiator wheels for the LJ today and ordered some Spydertrax adapters to mount them. Hardtop is off and hope to remove the roll bar tonight. Then she’ll be ready for paint.

Still laboring over the color and the suspension.

Bartacts made my seats look good but after 20yrs they’ve lost most most of the support. This TETON Sports Camping Seat Cushion; Stadium Seat; Office Chair; Car Pad; Inflatable , Orange, 17 x 12 x 1.5-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009L1MXE0/?tag=wranglerorg-20
fit perfectly under the Bartacts without raising me up too much and hopefully will get a few more years out of my seats.

DF4C54E7-C17D-41DD-8404-AA0E16580E9A.jpeg

Purchased a set of bronze “beadlock ready” 392 Gladiator wheels for the LJ today and ordered some Spydertrax adapters to mount them. Hardtop is off and hope to remove the roll bar tonight. Then she’ll be ready for paint.

Still laboring over the color and the suspension.
I like those wheels. Not crazy about the color but the design is great. Looking forward to some pics on your TJ.

You won't need rear fender flares were you are going.
View attachment 271521
Lol won’t be anything that crazy… not yet atleast. Thinking of getting the metal cloak mod cut rear fender plate for now, but I definitely need to look into more options as well. JCR just decided on Friday to stop carrying their rear flares… how convenient lol

Reactions: RINC
Still working on that remaining shock bolt - as best I can. It was as hot as balls here, so I spent quite a bit of time inside cooling off. Then - the front of the oil pan gasket started PUKING oil. I had a shop change it out last year, apparently they didn't tighten the bolts up enough as I was able to get an easy 1/2 turn out of the front four bolts which seems to have stopped the leak. I'll have to walk around the entire pan with a socket and check all of them. Do bolts like this typically need a retorque?