What did you do to your TJ today?

I had a lot of yard work to do today, but I did take the time to drive it to the breakfast Cruise-In this morning and then admire it in the driveway when I got home 😍 🤣
PXL_20210821_154848422.jpg

I installed my Rancho 5000x shocks today. Can't wait to test the difference tomorrow.
Nice. I just installed the same ones today. I was scared about the rear upper bolts but for the past two weeks I have been squirting pb blaster then switched to Kroil. Then took off tires and liner this morning and hit the good with Kroil … no broken bolts!!! FYI to anyone reading I purchased new bottom bolt for rear shocks at http://ClipsAndFasteners.com the m12 x 1.75 x65 flange was a hard fine for me. I think you might have luck at Home Depot but not auto store. I was running stock and also added 3/4” bb all around for a little more clearance had to replace rotted bump stops which was the worst part of whole job. I recommend purchasing new cups if doing any bb and adding spacers if having original bump stops

Finally found my slight “wheel wobble” last night that I was sure was a missing wheel weight until i realized it comes and goes- turns out it was an after market brake caliper sticking occasionally- I got a hose also just to shotgun the issue some, the caliper was covered under warranty.

Also found a trick to reduce brake bleeding I will share- if it works.

Let mine wait today to go to @Claybirdd s’ place - he has it going on with 35’s, Blaines’ big brakes that you can stop on a dime and still give change.

Every person I’ve met from this forum has one thing in common without exception- they all want to do a great job with their TJ project- I think that speaks volumes that this forum is a good place to learn what really works.

I took a break from Jeep projects for a while to let the funds build back up. But this past weekend I installed the Jeep Air AC kit in my TJ. It took 2 6+ hour days, I cut myself 3 times, but I got it done. After the whole ordeal, all I’m gonna say is: whoever designed the TJ 2.5L engine compartment, your momma’s a hoe!

The worst part was taking the nuts off of the heater core studs in the engine compartment. Who puts not one, but TWO NUTS on one stud, which is located basically behind the engine?? People who have hoes for mommas, that’s who! 🤬🤬

I had a lot of yard work to do today, but I did take the time to drive it to the breakfast Cruise-In this morning and then admire it in the driveway when I got home 😍 🤣
.View attachment 272279
Finally found my slight “wheel wobble” last night that I was sure was a missing wheel weight until i realized it comes and goes- turns out it was an after market brake caliper sticking occasionally- I got a hose also just to shotgun the issue some, the caliper was covered under warranty.

Also found a trick to reduce brake bleeding I will share- if it works.

Let mine wait today to go to @Claybirdd s’ place - he has it going on with 35’s, Blaines’ big brakes that you can stop on a dime and still give change.

Every person I’ve met from this forum has one thing in common without exception- they all want to do a great job with their TJ project- I think that speaks volumes that this forum is a good place to learn what really works.
(y)

Got rid of the heavy front bumper and replaced it with a stock one I got from @Squatch last week. Stopped by his place and got a great look at his projects and a very nice visit. Great guy, I ended up leaving with not only the front bumper, he threw in a rear stock bumper all for the low low price of free!

Wish I would have put a little more thought into the finished length, I would have liked it a little longer, but it’ll work.

306C3B56-045A-45DF-A499-E235C6A83104.jpeg

79154BB4-09A1-4CA4-B8CB-DBB83FA01847.jpeg

8FBD9111-45D0-4725-BCBA-7CFEEE7AD6EB.jpeg