What did you do to your TJ today?

In addition to picking up the half doors, bought my wife an expensive purse. Purely a smoke screen for the LJ parts. Now, she doesn't mind/ask me about the parts showing up to the house.
Mine calls it the “Jeep Tax”. Started way back when I was riding motorcycles all the time. Every $100 spent on the Jeep must be matched with a tithe to the keeper of the purse! 😀

Reactions: Just Chillin
If you are in Paddington as well you have to watch out for them "john Steed" Bowler hats! he may have been cutting down a non vaxxed lol Oh wait thats Australian law enforcement policy :)
It was the smack heads, parked not in my usual spot near a petrol station, plan was to wake up at 5am and beat the queues , leave for work on my way fill up the tank park in my usual spot then take Uber into work get in early.

What actually happened
Brushed smashed glass off driver seat drove around to the station filled up the tank, parked in my usual spot. called Uber got to work late, signed in my contractors. Headed back home to replace Window. (Thought this would be a 1 hour job but broken glass got stuck in the locking mechanism so couldn’t even take the door off.

Two hours later 8BD9E811-5539-454F-9B62-4AA25A7F1C1C.jpeg47F3B30A-F1D5-4E73-BE5D-573D2FF7CD0C.jpeg210BEE51-44B7-4A27-AC2D-6A1A3D69988B.jpeg

8BD9E811-5539-454F-9B62-4AA25A7F1C1C.jpeg

47F3B30A-F1D5-4E73-BE5D-573D2FF7CD0C.jpeg

Right means its "Right" lol US started off driving on the right but pussied out to the French influence!
What Dunderhead thought changing gear with your right hand was a good idea? lol No wonder they went 99.99% Automatic! lol
To be honest thank god for these mix ups, because my drivers side was smashed in a few years ago, I ordered a drivers side window and was sent an American drivers side which is a passenger side for me, I decided to keep it for a day like today and imported an American passenger side, instead of trying to return the first window.

Yesterday started out like any other day… went to father in laws to check on him and when I came back out the jeep cranked but didn’t start….hmmmmm…. Pulled a code p0320, cps…. That’ll cause it so I hopped in his truck and I go to adanced auto and get 1…. $71, WTF…. Go back to his house and of course it’s the wrong one, I know better than to go to a parts house blind with a 97 TJ, seems they used several different year parts to build… got money back and after 3 parts houses I found that auto zone had one at their location 15 miles away, so off we went… $105, WTF…. Get back home and plug it in, crank no start, I should have checked for spark before I left the first time but the cps code made me feel invincible, so I pulled a plug wire off the plug and of course left the metal end on the plug so I had to fix that… check for spark and I’ve got spark (probably had spark before I changed the cps),,, sprayed starter fluid into the manifold and it attempts to start, fuel issue, darkness falls… so today (after a night of reading till my eyes bleed) I’ve got to see it I have fuel pressure (no Schrader valve), check the relays, check the fuses, and look for anything wrong with the wiring to the fuel pump… of course I filled it full of gas 2 miles before I got to my father in laws house!…. I Love my jeep!

..... of course I filled it full of gas 2 miles before I got to my father in laws house!….

Thirty years ago, before marriage and still living at home, we went through a spell where it seemed like every time we filled up, one of the cars broke down. When really, it was that it just happened to break down right after filling the tank. So much so, that we started to (jokingly) say don't fill the tank full whenever someone mentioned they needed gas, LOL. It was bad enough, that when a car broke, the first question asked was, "Did you fill the tank? Yes? Well, then there's your problem."

Finally fixed part of my stereo problem. The thing has sounded pretty terrible as long as I've had it, but the stereo was far down the list of things to address. I've already determined that both front speakers are blown. The rear speakers start to static & fart out at any road-listenable volume. Yesterday coming back from lunch I had an idea that I'm embarrassed to say I hadn't already tried. I faded the speakers all the way L, and it sounded fine at LOUD levels, fading R brought the problem back. I can't believe I hadn't already noticed this.

Anyway, PO had run spliced in some shelf speakers at the very back, and did a really lousy job of it. When I opened it up (which I know I had already done once), one of the wires was disconnected from the speaker. I removed the old wire, put new terminals on, and bam, back in business. I still don't have front speakers, but I can now listen to the radio with the doors off!!

Installed the Kenwood Kmm X704 last night. Managed to snag one from Crutchfield that was in stock for a day. Price went up on it $30 from last in stock. Pretty decent so far. Lots of EQ settings to play with. I finally have Bluetooth audio now. I like it so far.

IMG_20211008_144920.jpg

Yesterday started out like any other day… went to father in laws to check on him and when I came back out the jeep cranked but didn’t start….hmmmmm…. Pulled a code p0320, cps…. That’ll cause it so I hopped in his truck and I go to adanced auto and get 1…. $71, WTF…. Go back to his house and of course it’s the wrong one, I know better than to go to a parts house blind with a 97 TJ, seems they used several different year parts to build… got money back and after 3 parts houses I found that auto zone had one at their location 15 miles away, so off we went… $105, WTF…. Get back home and plug it in, crank no start, I should have checked for spark before I left the first time but the cps code made me feel invincible, so I pulled a plug wire off the plug and of course left the metal end on the plug so I had to fix that… check for spark and I’ve got spark (probably had spark before I changed the cps),,, sprayed starter fluid into the manifold and it attempts to start, fuel issue, darkness falls… so today (after a night of reading till my eyes bleed) I’ve got to see it I have fuel pressure (no Schrader valve), check the relays, check the fuses, and look for anything wrong with the wiring to the fuel pump… of course I filled it full of gas 2 miles before I got to my father in laws house!…. I Love my jeep!
*update*…. All fuses and relays good, fixin to call a tow truck when father in law says sometimes hitting the gas tank with hammer may get it working… while under the tank I see this thin braided silver wire hanging… ground wire came loose… regrounded and drove it home… I love my jeep!

Last edited: