What did you do to your TJ today?

I like that cobra mount! Any info?
Made it all from this

3F376BED-329D-4112-B727-9DB658681646.png

Reactions: FarFire70
View attachment 283220
It is specifically for my Garmin Overlander. I gave up on my iPad running Gaia. I was missing turns by 100’ pretty often. Some trails are hard to back up that far.

I found the same with Gaia.. Seems work well when I am backpacking but things happen much faster on the road and Gaia can't keep up.

Now... tell me about those gauges!! Those are sweet!

I swapped out Amazon TruckLite Knockoffs for a set of the Toyota H4's. It's a work in progress. Much improved pattern but still need to install the harness and 100/80's.. Bulbs arrived from Q-Tec today but won't be able to do the harness until the weekend. Also got a pair of front & rear OE style stock bumper end caps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blondie70 and WSS
I found the same with Gaia.. Seems work well when I am backpacking but things happen much faster on the road and Gaia can't keep up.

Now... tell me about those gauges!! Those are sweet!

I swapped out Amazon TruckLite Knockoffs for a set of the Toyota H4's. It's a work in progress. Much improved pattern but still need to install the harness and 100/80's.. Bulbs arrived from Q-Tec today but won't be able to do the harness until the weekend. Also got a pair of front & rear OE style stock bumper end caps.
Gaia seemed like the answer. I have been running Garmin since the mid 90's. A few updates ago, they left us off roaders out to dry, street level nav was great but we lost a lot of trail functions, especially in basecamp. Hopefully the Overlander makes up for the lost details.

I bought the bezel here:

https://12voltunlimited.3dcartstores.com/Jeep-TJ-Gauge-Panel_p_11.html
The gauge are here:

http://www.marshallinstruments.com/catalog/comp2_led.cfm
Marshall also sells a full kit on ebay I think.

I cerakoted the bezel in "titanium". The project was bigger than I had expected. You will need to run all new wiring from all the senders/sensors. The pin outs are mostly a data bus inside the dash.

IMG_5589_zps96xim5hn.jpg

IMG_5594_zps4zjt5tms.jpg

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6364.jpg

IMG_6699.jpg

Plus the speedo maximizes the capability of my TJ. I plan to swap out the spark plugs to champions and then we will see full potential....... :unsure:
🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Gaia seemed like the answer. I have been running Garmin since the mid 90's. A few updates ago, they left us off roaders out to dry, street level nav was great but we lost a lot of trail functions, especially in basecamp. Hopefully the Overlander makes up for the lost details.

I bought the bezel here:

https://12voltunlimited.3dcartstores.com/Jeep-TJ-Gauge-Panel_p_11.html
The gauge are here:

http://www.marshallinstruments.com/catalog/comp2_led.cfm
Marshall also sells a full kit on ebay I think.

I cerakoted the bezel in "titanium". The project was bigger than I had expected. You will need to run all new wiring from all the senders/sensors. The pin outs are mostly a data bus inside the dash.

View attachment 283437

View attachment 283438

View attachment 283439

View attachment 283440

View attachment 283441

Plus the speedo maximizes the capability of my TJ. I plan to swap out the spark plugs to champions and then we will see full potential....... :unsure:
🤷‍♂️
How would it feel going 160 mph in a lifted TJ?

Replaced my Pro Comp rear shocks with Black Max and took it down some pretty rough and wash boarded roads. Quite a noticable improvement. I dont think it can get much better without going to custom tuned shocks, once I get my spare tire on I think they'll be perfect.

Another reason I'm glad to live in Texas. These are the upper shock bolts.
View attachment 278228
nice shot!somethin to be said for a rust free climate amen

Reactions: TJ Starting
I got some stuff done on the rear tailgate area
took off the dumb looking tail light guards

extended the little tire snubber thingys that support the spare

raised the 3rd brake light above my spare with some longer bolts and squares of wood (I did this a while ago I just forgot to post about it)

I also took the stock rear bumper off, I won't have any problem with nothing on right?
765D9033-07A2-4C05-839E-A2DFD96E4E38.jpeg
E005D853-2D8F-4D6F-9B91-6C17FF0D4CCB.jpeg
0164DAFB-43A2-41B7-9A97-407B9C443098.jpeg