What did you do to your TJ today?

Wash, clay bar, and wax. And bonus round of clean out a literal birds nest from the spare tire. (I’ve had it for a week) and it’s essentially sat for 15 years. Doubt it’s been washed in that time either.

2E0037B6-FF69-4190-AE32-2D12B02C16D6.jpeg

Wash, clay bar, and wax. And bonus round of clean out a literal birds nest from the spare tire. (I’ve had it for a week) and it’s essentially sat for 15 years. Doubt it’s been washed in that time either.

View attachment 286261
Now to get started on the important stuff, like getting it ready to head up here and wheel some!!!!

Reactions: red02tj
Now to get started on the important stuff, like getting it ready to head up here and wheel some!!!!
Procomp/rancho lift parts per @CodaMan are on the way and so are some BMB brakes. Sucked wrecking a few weeks ago but it’s a rare opportunity to start fresh and build based on what I want and how I use it.

Procomp/rancho lift parts per @CodaMan are on the way and so are some BMB brakes. Sucked wrecking a few weeks ago but it’s a rare opportunity to start fresh and build based on what I want and how I use it.
Then we are gonna drag you to Coppinger cove with us!!!!!!!

Got a thread about it in the regional forums!!

Reactions: red02tj
I made a little noise reduction improvement for the sunrider arm area.
My buddy had some hood insulation foam leftover and I cut a couple of strips to fill the top of the door surrounds. It made a difference. Now that it’s full-door and top closed up season I like it to be quiet(ish).

C3A68C9C-1E44-445C-9E4F-C0C4FE86C919.jpeg

View attachment 286272

Got my 500 break-in check up done on me gears. I got the go ahead to let it fly !

Now, I need to research what speedo gear I need for 35in tyres. Got on the freeway onramp, found the fuel cut off is 95mph. With the speedo gear in there now, it was only 60mph. :ROFLMAO:
I know I have to get the white one,37 tooth ,before you buy one let me know I have several you can have

Reactions: RINC
Got my LJ to a shop that picked it up, turned that little f***er cherry red, and they just banged it right out with a pipe and a fixed o2 socket wrench. I’m free !!!!!
ED89DF7F-8565-45FC-AB23-131ED64D8386.jpeg

Then I went back home and swapped out my rear OEM shocks and coils with Moogs and Monroe’s. Finished off that job since I did the fronts yesterday. Doozie

Drove round trip 500 miles plus sight seeing to Pigeon Forge,Tenn. for our 28th anniversary. Had a great weekend, top down in Cades Cove and around Gatlinburg.

Centramatic wheel balancers surprised me by taking a fairly new set of mud tires from shaking the Jeep at 55-60 to smooth as glass up to 75-80 as the tires “wore in” to proper balance at speed. It was a relief to feel 33” mud tires on beadlocks actually go from “maybe we should turn around and drive the Lincoln” to “ I’m so thrilled, so glad we brought it.”

Friday night leaving The Island, a large tourist attraction I found some ne’er do well had removed a KC smiley cover and laid it in front of my right rear tire. Pure evil.

I plan to recreate the events of Friday, Oct 24 at approximately 10 p.m. at The Island in Pigeon Forge in a coming thread. Please don’t let your children read it. Crime of such heinous nature is best left to adult audiences.

AndyG
Where did you get those POS tires

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
sorry for no sound, for some reason the device was connecting to bluetooth in the jeep and didn't pick up any sound.

All the IFS rigs (Land Cruiser 100's, Tacoma's, 4Runners, Nissan's, etc... had to take the over the rocks track due to lack of articulation. A blue Tacoma attempted the bonus line and ate a rear door when it slid off the rock into the ones on the side.

Taking the bonus line was fun vs up and over.

Last edited:
Reactions: pc1p