What did you do WITH your TJ today?

Every put a kayak on the roll cage? I've got a few beaver ponds I want to get the yak into for some cutties. I'm convinced there's some pigs in there.

View attachment 439024

Some of the best fishing you’ll ever do is in beaver ponds-

I think a lot of guys have done what you described - I have done it.

Reactions: matkal
Went wheeling with my brother in law, who is visiting from Louisiana (along with my sister)!

I always joke with my sister that he was MY friend before he was HER husband. I met this dude in 4th grade, and we've been thick as thieves since. They started dating after their first marriages ended, about 8 years ago.

It's rare that you can say you genuinely love your brother in law, but we go back forever and we're even roommates in college. It was great to spend a day running trails with this guy!

View attachment 437458

The older you get , the you appreciate genuine friends.

Your smiles say it all.

I grew up hunting in oak swamps and pine woods in Louisiana, where you could buy your deer tags over the counter and hunt over feeders. Now I live in New Mexico where you apply for the lottery and hope to draw a tag.

The south is a very different type of hunting from the southwest. Looks like you jumped in with both feet! Hope you knock down a big ol' mossy-horn this year!

You are exactly right-

Our T.V. hunting programs in the south start with something like “ It’s 2:00 in the morning and here we are on somebody’s property....we just cut the fence , Billy has the spotlight....”

Had plans to roll with some friends to Holy Cross, a trail that’s been on my bucket list for a few years. Things fell through with the other rigs, so I rolled up Elwood Pass to do some fishing and still get out for the day.
5DDAA62E-4085-42D7-A9C6-5DAE7D41C7BD.jpeg

AA422DFE-6E86-45FA-A9D3-B60C2EA2162E.jpeg

102012CA-C47E-4F47-BBF5-A0C7A845C70D.jpeg

01701B8C-BE04-4AE3-8A1B-CE5AED272A81.jpeg

Not today but, I never did like that bush 😃 Pulled three more after that one. Much easier than digging and chopping!

And I dont think most people have seen or thought you could just remove unwanted landscaping like that 😁

View attachment 428439

‘Works on fence posts too. Use a mounted tire to help pull it up out of the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_8789.mov
    13.7 MB
Wishing I woulda brought my TJ with me to vacation this week. We're down on the Bolivar peninsula all week with a beach house on the beach.

All I been doing is watching Jeeps drive up and down the beach. Next year we come here I'm trailering mine come hell or high water.

Might even try to make the go topless Jeep Beach week.

View attachment 434987

Nope! We’re locals (Beaumont area) & we avoid “topless weekend” like the plague. It was a really great gathering of Jeepers years ago, but other groups have taken over. There is much lawlessness because the police are overwhelmed. There have been medical issues (even a fatality), property damage, vehicle damage, out of control fires, severe injuries, drugs & arrests. My brother used to go down there just to guard his beach house, but now he’s even afraid to do that.

• Sad
Reactions: Tob and RINC