What did you do WITH your TJ today?

Took the wife on a sunset drive in the mountains. Need to work on keeping my fat fingers off the lense.

gAUrSyW-lRIhS_VRmUVKYA=w1548-h1161-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

I can cook them on a campfire no problem, but I'm still trying to figure out how to do them whole on the grill or skillet. Usually when I do them on anything but a campfire I fillet them and fry them with some Uncle Buck's. Just don't catch fish that I have any desire to keep often enough to experiment.

My favorite way to grill trout is gut them, wrap in aluminum foil with a little olive oil, salt, seasoning of your choice. Grill about 4 minutes each side over medium heat. Easy!

Heading to Virginia Beach in a few weeks. Taking recommendations for anything close to investigate. Any good trails/restaurants/landmarks?
Something less touristy

Craned a motor out of the shed.

gI7fqR0QgyFzByswIWOeUg=w1548-h1161-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

cUocM4ZsmHJU6zSHsWdIug=w1548-h1161-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Noticed the rope was rubbing on the stinger gusset, so I spaced it off with a 2x4 "fairlead." Clamped with screws through the hole in the gusset.
1684009634910.png

JucS3rqkleRtalQrfdRyMQ=w1548-h1161-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Since I had the crane rigged up I retrieved a big wood round that I've been putting off lugging up the hill.

RBcS7x_QodHvadiDPTstag=w1548-h1161-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

That's redneck as hell, and I'm here for it!😎

I love it !

This may be THE thread....let’s keep this goin’....

I mean we are all about doing stuff to them, we have that figured out.....But I think a lot of us are, or want to be men of action.

Now I need to find the pic pulling a dormer off a house with mine.

Got to watch my 17 year old son learn to drive a standard today. His generation thinks that a standard is an anti-theft device.

View attachment 424657

I like to watch my Jeep on the road -

I asked my son who was behind me once - “hows it look?” With my 12.5” tires

He said ,”like moms friend “ referring to someone with a big rear end we know 🤣🤣🤣

Got to watch my 17 year old son learn to drive a standard today. His generation thinks that a standard is an anti-theft device.

View attachment 424657

I think you'd be surprised by how many Gen Z kids can drive stick. Obviously not as many as other generations, but for an era where automatic is standard there's a few. I know two or three that have had one as their daily since high school. I learned how forever ago, just haven't had the chance to drive stick since. Not great at it but if I absolutely had to I'd be able to.

Last edited:
I think you'd be surprised by how many Gen Z kids can drive stick. Obviously not as many as other generations, but for an era where automatic is standard there's a few. I know two or three that have had one as their daily since high school. I learned how forever ago, just haven't had the chance to drive stick since. Not great at it but I absolutely had to I'd be able to.

There’s definitely more than you’d expect. At my school, I’ve randomly met probably 5 people who drive stick, so I’m assuming there are quite a bit more too that I haven’t met. I never thought there would be that many my age who drive it, but apparently it is the case 🤷‍♂️

Edit - of those that ive met who drive stick, none of them enjoy it/do it out of choice. They do it because it’s just the car that they have, or because their parents want them to drive it to keep them less distracted from the phone. I don’t understand that, I find it so much more enjoyable to drive stick. Granted though, I have a tj which is a bit more fun to drive than their sedans.

After a mother's day brunch, wifey wanted to go poke around on National Forest land. There are cliff dwelling ruins we saw several months back that are about a half mile off the trail.
20230514_110909.jpg

We took a hike and saw some cool old ruins, and found several worked pieces of quartz and some neat pottery pieces. After looking at them, we put them back.
20230514_111817.jpg

20230514_111823.jpg

20230514_111917.jpg

20230514_111340.jpg

20230514_111406.jpg

20230514_112218.jpg

This pic was taken from the cliff dwellings, looking back at Double Tough.
20230514_110913.jpg

It was a fun couple of hours, enabled by the Jeep!
20230514_110011.jpg

Yesterday we did a little driver training in an empty parking lot. He’s doing pretty well with the manual for a 10 year old.

View attachment 425807

I love this! My boy is a couple of months from getting his permit and the keys to the XJ. Driving around with him on backroads and parking lots for the past 2 years has been a very rewarding experience for me.

Yesterday we did a little driver training in an empty parking lot. He’s doing pretty well with the manual for a 10 year old.

View attachment 425807

I love this! My boy is a couple of months from getting his permit and the keys to the XJ. Driving around with him on backroads and parking lots for the past 2 years has been a very rewarding experience for me.

That’s awesome. All four of my kids were behind the wheel of my rig at 12 or 13. Off-road and doing light wheelin’. It really helped when they were old enough to get their respective licenses as they already knew how to operate a vehicle with confidence.

Good on ya, mates!

There’s definitely more than you’d expect. At my school, I’ve randomly met probably 5 people who drive stick, so I’m assuming there are quite a bit more too that I haven’t met. I never thought there would be that many my age who drive it, but apparently it is the case 🤷‍♂️

Edit - of those that ive met who drive stick, none of them enjoy it/do it out of choice. They do it because it’s just the car that they have, or because their parents want them to drive it to keep them less distracted from the phone. I don’t understand that, I find it so much more enjoyable to drive stick. Granted though, I have a tj which is a bit more fun to drive than their sedans.

My wife is in this generation. She learned out of desire (my LJ is the only manual vehicle she has been around). She really wanted me to get a different Jeep but I told her she will have to learn to drive this one. With a little training (and a lot of complaining that I didn't teach her enough) she finally went out and practiced and enjoys driving it.