What did you do WITH your TJ today?

I bought my Jeep Rubicon to have as a 3rd vehicle/hunting rig to keep miles and scratches off my 2021 Tundra (I’ve already put it through the ringer in its first 25k mi in AZ with desert pin stripes and hauling elk out of canyons).

Now that I live in GA, the trail rash isn’t as bad but I just can’t justify beating up the Tundra anymore now that it’s paid off and I’ve done so much pint correction.

So today was the first day I took the 40 minute drive out to my farm to check the deer feeders, plots, game cams and property lines. The rubicon did great, and I’m grateful to have AC blowing freezing cold for sure.

IMG_5206.jpeg

IMG_5205.jpeg

IMG_5173.jpeg

IMG_5171.jpeg

IMG_5172.jpeg

I bought my Jeep Rubicon to have as a 3rd vehicle/hunting rig to keep miles and scratches off my 2021 Tundra (I’ve already put it through the ringer in its first 25k mi in AZ with desert pin stripes and hauling elk out of canyons).

Now that I live in GA, the trail rash isn’t as bad but I just can’t justify beating up the Tundra anymore now that it’s paid off and I’ve done so much pint correction.

So today was the first day I took the 40 minute drive out to my farm to check the deer feeders, plots, game cams and property lines. The rubicon did great, and I’m grateful to have AC blowing freezing cold for sure.

View attachment 427639

View attachment 427640

View attachment 427641

View attachment 427642

View attachment 427643

I grew up hunting in oak swamps and pine woods in Louisiana, where you could buy your deer tags over the counter and hunt over feeders. Now I live in New Mexico where you apply for the lottery and hope to draw a tag.

The south is a very different type of hunting from the southwest. Looks like you jumped in with both feet! Hope you knock down a big ol' mossy-horn this year!

I grew up hunting in oak swamps and pine woods in Louisiana, where you could buy your deer tags over the counter and hunt over feeders. Now I live in New Mexico where you apply for the lottery and hope to draw a tag.

The south is a very different type of hunting from the southwest. Looks like you jumped in with both feet! Hope you knock down a big ol' mossy-horn this year!

Yea I hear ya! I only hunted small game when I grew up in GA then I moved out to AZ about 8 years ago. I had a few work colleagues that got me into bow hunting and so I started doing over the counter mule deer and coues whitetail hunting. Then that led to putting in for premium bow hunt units and elk too, which started the addiction.

I took a cow elk in 2020 with my rifle, then a bull elk with my bow in 2021. Moved back to GA last year and got 2 bucks on my family’s farm, one with my bow and one with my rifle. I still apply for tags in AZ for deer and elk to accumulate points and eventually get a premium bow tag, but it’s nice to have 70 acres of family land with plentiful deer to hunt while I wait to get drawn out west!

Vinsanity28

Memorial Day and my birthday, so great time to FINALLY get the top off 😀

Was able to use an existing shelf in my garage to have the front rest on it, while I rigged eye bolt and rachet straps for the rear.

I now understand the full "Jeep Experience"!!

IMG_20230529_121354994.jpg

IMG_20230529_121335860_HDR.jpg

Drove up FS road 18 - Big Fall Creek Road which runs in front of our house and up over FS roads to 19 and down through Westfir and home. Got some snow wheeling in June...lots of good video and some winching with WRG.

-Mac

IMG20230604121317.jpg

I was at a car show with my Son. There was a car that had no airbags and was so low he carried 2x6's around to get over things. Well as luck would have he high centered on a tree root in the grass and like 20 guys could not budge it. I comes the Jeep to the rescue. hooked it up and pulled it off the root.