What did you give up/sell/trade to get your TJ?

myers3512

Never had the cohones to keep more than one toy (the kind with wheels that is) at a time. Happy wife and all. So i sold my Duc to get the Jeep.

DSC02132_zpscaddtgvo.jpg

What about everyone else?

p.s. i am glad i did it (most days).

Reactions: FF_Jeep
Nothing. I am a gun enthusiast like Ted and they will never be sold. Traded for others maybe, never sold. I also golf, archery/hunt, and dabble in photography, although I do not have an artistic eye so that gear may get sold.

I had a '91 Mustang coupe that I sold to get my 2000 TJ. Then I sold the TJ last year to get a 2006 LJ. In order to build the LJ the way I want, I need to sell my classic mahogany boat, a 1964 Century Resorter.

image.jpeg

Peace of mind. I was setting money aside to pay off my mortgage early (which I'm still doing) but my wife was the one who talked me into using some of that money to buy another TJ. She knew that I really missed my last TJ that I sold after my daughter was born in 2008.

The business lease for my Lexus LS400 was up so rather than getting into another lease, I paid cash for my then-new '97 TJ. That decision came after figuring out I was then getting into the desert more with my Civil Air Patrol squadron I was then commanding. We were taking a lot of Cadets out for desert SAR bivouacs so it was getting old having to ride in the unit truck. I missed the truck once and had to do a little rock crawling in the Lexus lol to get to where they picked me up lol.

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
Almost sold my 2006 Harley Electra-glide I've had since new. Decided against it, at least for now. My wife and I love to ride and it was her idea to get the jeep. I've had some kind of bike since I was a little kid and got my first honda 50cc.
Thing is, with every one f*cking with their cell phones while driving, it has gotten a lot more dangerous for riders.
I also have a pontoon boat because I love fishing. I have too many toys, but hey, the kids are grown and gone and this is how it's supposed to be!(best part is, I don't owe on any of it).

Peace of mind. I was setting money aside to pay off my mortgage early (which I'm still doing) but my wife was the one who talked me into using some of that money to buy another TJ. She knew that I really missed my last TJ that I sold after my daughter was born in 2008.

She sounds like a keeper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She sounds like a keeper!

She's a great woman. She even sat down and helped me decide between Duratracs, Authorities, and BFG KO2s when I was researching new tires. She picked the Duratracs cause they looked the coolest in her opinion.

Thanks!

It definitely was/is not an easy choice. My family has owned it since 1979, and was purchased from original owner. I restored it completely in 2007 and it still looks perfect.

I'll sell it if I get a good price. Not going to give it away.

That's a beautiful boat. Would hate to part with that.

2001 Audi S4 Avant. 2.7L, AWD, 6spd, twin turbo for my TJ and have no regrets. After 8 years and tons of cash dropped for maintenance, it was time for a wrangler.

Audi.jpg

IMAG1206_zpsb3deccbe.jpg

IMAG0648.jpg
this is half way through a water pump, timing belt, yada yada job :machinegun:

I gave up anything that resembles extra money in my pocket. I still have quite the list of things I want to do, but no money to do them. We wanted to go to Europe this summer, but a bad differential took that off the table. I'm with the others. I can't sell my motorcycle, my guns or my Photo gear. Besides, my bike actually gets good mileage. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk