What did you give up/sell/trade to get your TJ?

2001 Audi S4 Avant. 2.7L, AWD, 6spd, twin turbo for my TJ and have no regrets. After 8 years and tons of cash dropped for maintenance, it was time for a wrangler.

At least you didn't have one of the Audi 4.2L V8s!! For those of you not familiar with this piece of work, the timing chains (yes, plural) were on the back of the engine between the engine block and the transmission. And you thought the timing chain services on a Ferrari were expensive . . .

148.jpg

I sold my 2006 Silverado SS with only 105k miles and found my 06 LJ with 67k miles on eBay less than two weeks later. I do miss that truck(mostly the POWER!!) and I'm proud to say I've owned it... but it's no Jeep

IMG_0403.JPG

Hey I've got some chrome polish in the cleaning cabinet if anyone needs it... no longer have a use for it

I had a '91 Mustang coupe that I sold to get my 2000 TJ. Then I sold the TJ last year to get a 2006 LJ. In order to build the LJ the way I want, I need to sell my classic mahogany boat, a 1964 Century Resorter.

View attachment 10789
That is absolutely beautiful.

At least you didn't have one of the Audi 4.2L V8s!! For those of you not familiar with this piece of work, the timing chains (yes, plural) were on the back of the engine between the engine block and the transmission. And you thought the timing chain services on a Ferrari were expensive . . .

View attachment 10827
IMG_1173.PNG

Sold my bright yellow 2 seater 1963 Beach Buggy....no back seats or roof and so loud I couldn't have a stereo....... Upgraded to 4 seats soft top, Stereo and heaps more fun in the dirt in my TJ. 4 years later and still love it

Reactions: FF_Jeep
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0237.JPG
IMG_0848.JPG
Sold the glide and bought my first TJ, a 2005 Rocky Mountain. Traded the RM mountain for my current 2004 Rubicon.

Reactions: UpperMI
I retired 4 years ago and had to hand in my company car which was a M-B E320. I can't believe they would let me keep it! I needed something quick and picked up an '03 TJ which I still have. I have since bought an '04 LJ.

I once told my boss that I had a "little engine trouble" one weekend and that I managed to pull it and figure it out. I sent him a pic and said that I might be a bit late on Monday morning. He had a pretty good sense of humour.

DSC_0181.JPG

M-B - Engine Crane 002.jpg

Had to give up my first Jeep. 1990 xj. I miss that little beast :(. Cool thing is though, the TJ that I bought with the money has the same black with gold pinstripes color scheme. I never see other jeeps with those but here I've owned two.View attachment 10828 View attachment 10829
I purchased a black 1990 4 dr. XJ new at the end of 1989. It looked a lot like the one you had but it was a Laredo with a red interior. I miss mine too!

Almost sold my 2006 Harley Electra-glide I've had since new. Decided against it, at least for now. My wife and I love to ride and it was her idea to get the jeep. I've had some kind of bike since I was a little kid and got my first honda 50cc.
Thing is, with every one f*cking with their cell phones while driving, it has gotten a lot more dangerous for riders.
I also have a pontoon boat because I love fishing. I have too many toys, but hey, the kids are grown and gone and this is how it's supposed to be!(best part is, I don't owe on any of it).
I agree with you 100%. That IS the way its suppose to be. Kids are gone... you can buy and do what ever you want. There is no such thing as TOO MANY toys. :)

View attachment 10827

Ahhh, I can relate to this 100%.

I had an S4 with the V8, and I quickly came to realize why these cars were cheap as hell on the second hand market. The timing chains were prohibitively expensive to do, and by far one of the worst designs I've ever seen for an engine in terms of accessibility (whoever came up with this design should be shot). I sold mine before it came time for timing chains, but I would never in a million years suggest anyone buy an Audi S4 with a V8.

My E39 M5 on the other hand was much better in the timing chain department!

Good trade but still that is a nice looking Duc.

I've owned quite a bunch of nice looking Ducs, let me tell you!

But yeah, it was a fun and gorgeous bike. My body just doesn't agree with that riding position anymore though, so switching to Harleys has been much better in terms of riding position and posture!

Those Ducs are uncomfortable as sin to ride anywhere but a race track.

My senior year of high school, I bought a 1999 Dodge Ram Sport. I really enjoyed that truck. Had big plans for it. A few years later my life was ruined. I haven't had any money in my wallet since then. My mom bought a brand new 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I drove it down the road, because I had never even sat in a jeep before. What was suppose to be a 5 minute drive, turned into an hour. I was hooked. I was in love. I HAD to have one.

That next day, I traded my precious truck for a brand new 2005 Wrangler. They only had 2, a white one and a red one. Both sport models. I chose white.

I've been driving it everyday since, always with a smile on my face. Now it has 100,200 miles on it.

My Jeep is my first vehicle I ever bought. I got it when I first got to Fort Hood. Its a 2006 Sport and it was bone stock at the time. I do not plan on ever getting rid of it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris