What did you pay for your winch?

meangreen98

TJ Enthusiast
So I am kind of in the market for a winch, Warn M8000 to be specific.
I don't do much serious off-roading being that I don't want to get in a situation that I'll need one and sure enough i don't have one lol.

So I'm curious, what have you guys paid for your winches? What's a good price for a m8000
Also, how much, if any, sag will an m8000 cause?

So I am kind of in the market for a winch, Warn M8000 to be specific.
I don't do much serious off-roading being that I don't want to get in a situation that I'll need one and sure enough i don't have one lol.

So I'm curious, what have you guys paid for your winches? What's a good price for a m8000

Just add a 50-55 lbs to the front bumper and that will give you a idea of the drupe.

I've been holding off for a while on buying one for this jeep. Kinda waiting for Black Friday.

I bought the M8000s for $762, I believe it was (I have it posted somewhere on the forum). A 4X4 shop in Tennessee had four of 'em at that price. I had a "price alert" thingy going on, and by the time I contacted them, they were down to just one left, so I snagged it. Free shipping, too. I thought I did alright, being it has the synthetic line.

Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500SR $479
Adds about 60lbs.

8000lb traveller w/ steel cable, $150.00 on Craigslist. Just sat on another Jeep. Wasn’t used and works fine. Guy just didn’t like the look of it on his JK. Swapped out steel cable with synthetic rope.

43CCD656-5583-401C-B3F0-22A0D77DDFCE.jpeg

27AD7613-5B31-4107-95B4-CEAB0A0EE7FC.jpeg

Ebay has a lot of 10-15% off deals. Coupled with ebayBucks (if you are a frequent user) you can save quite a bit.

Its no warn but I picked up my superwinch LP8500 on CL for $200.

Reactions: fooey and Serbonze
I bought an M8000 from Northridge for $589. I sold the steel cable and hook for $100 on ebay, the Warn light bar Northridge packaged it with for $85, and bought 85 feet of TRE line and Thimble for $235 (found a great deal at a small off-road shop).

Total into it was about $640 + the AtoZ winch plate

I paid $471 for my warn m8000. I kept my eyes on amazon for a while and waiting until one entered the amazon warehouse (return). It came in an unopened box and works perfectly.

Reactions: Schwifty Rich
Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500SR $479
Adds about 60lbs.
Same here. I know that Warn is generally considered the gold standard, but I've yet to hear anything bad about Superwinch and I wasn't able to find a Warn for as cheap as what Alex01 found. I also didn't want to settle for the VR series. I've heard that the Warn M8000 can pull more than 8k, but I figure a 9500 Superwinch is pretty comparable.

If I was to do it all over again, I'd probably do what Alex01 did since the Warn is pretty fast, but I'm ok with what I ended up with.

Reactions: JMT

good question, it will cause some. My winch was 79lbs & it caused some additional droop that added to an already existing rake I didn't like so I put in front coil spacers to level it out. I like the idea someone mentioned above of putting the equivalent weight on your front bumper to see what it does, then you'll know going in where you'll be after installing the winch

If you wait until the next 15% off ebay coupon then the price will be 510 after discount (MSRP 599). You can buy it from an out of state seller and also save on sales tax. Also, I wouldn't be shocked if warn came out with a factory rebate soon for the holiday season so it could be even less.

Reactions: tworley
I paid full boat $967 at Cabela's for my Warn M8000 with synthetic line. That was late Spring, early Summer this year and that seemed to be the standard price point when I was looking. Didn't find any deals. Decided to go with the points on my Cabela's card.

8000lb traveller w/ steel cable, $150.00 on Craigslist. Just sat on another Jeep. Wasn’t used and works fine. Guy just didn’t like the look of it on his JK. Swapped out steel cable with synthetic rope.

I just bought the same winch but with synthetic. Brand new in box for $200
a8bf97f768e5d697810b1e4e3615f633.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep an eye on Craigslist, I picked up a brand new in box warn 9.5cti with the multimount plate for $800. New it’s around $1700

I looked and looked for a deal on CL, Ebay, and Facebook. I couldn't find anything. Everyone wanted more than top dollar for used, rusty warns. I ended up hitting a memorial day deal at 4WD.com and had a gift card. I bought the Smittybilt X20 Comp (10,000 Lbs w/ synthetic line) for about $480. I looked high and low for negative reviews on this particular winch, but everyone has given it great review. I couldn't find anything bad about it...so I took the chance.

Reactions: Squatch