What do I need to do to put 35s on a stock Wrangler TJ?

Probably not the absolute most capable TJ tire size, but maybe not too far off and the proportions look just right to me.
No, 33’s are not the absolute most capable. Can go most places with other supporting mods like a TT and lockers!

Reactions: Woodrow
Just get some tube fenders and call it a day. 35's will fit on a stock TJ and 37's with a body lift. You'll have as much suspension travel as a Geo Metro but its okay, the internet says it's possible!
You forgot the winky! 🤣

Hello!! I am new to this forum and I have a 1998 wrangler sport and I want to put some 35" tyres on it. What do I need to do to it. I am not going to do any crazy offroading so it doesn't need to be super beefy. Can anyone guide me through this? I do want to do it as cheaply as possible (while maintaining good quality). Any help is much appriciated. Thank you!!
35"x11.5" MAX

I think you guys scared him off, with all of this talk of $10k +. ;)

I always love the question how to run 35's cheap :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If it was cheap everyone would be running 35's;)

I would say a properly built TJ on 33’s would destroy a badly (read: cheaply?) built TJ on 35’s…

(No winky needed here)
I've thought for a long time that the only real difference between a good 33" and good 35" tire build is an extra inch of spring lift and the tires themselves. The rest of the supporting mods are all good to have.

You don't even need a lift to run 37s on a LJ. It might not work on a TJ though. :unsure: 🤫
Jeep 37s no lift.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Plumber1
I've thought for a long time that the only real difference between a good 33" and good 35" tire build is an extra inch of spring lift and the tires themselves. The rest of the supporting mods are all good to have.
Yes but the difference between 33" and 31" tires could be just 1 body lift. So I guess it depends on how you build for 33s.

Hello!! I am new to this forum and I have a 1998 wrangler sport and I want to put some 35" tyres on it. What do I need to do to it. I am not going to do any crazy offroading so it doesn't need to be super beefy. Can anyone guide me through this? I do want to do it as cheaply as possible (while maintaining good quality). Any help is much appriciated. Thank you!!
When I bought my jeep from my dad it had 31x10.5s on it and it looked pretty good IMO. Fast forward 2 years and I'm in the rabbit hole of trying to run 33s the right way. (Please don't hate for the Patagonia's Purchased before seeing all the disapproval in this forum 😅 )

Put on 31s (they will probably rub a bit at full lock), and get a cable shifter for the transfer case (Everyone should have it). Drive it like that for awhile. If you aren't on difficult trails or offroad at all for that matter the 31s will be great and you won't break the bank.
1642689927225.png

1642689848988.png

When I bought my jeep from my dad it had 31x10.5s on it and it looked pretty good IMO. Fast forward 2 years and I'm in the rabbit hole of trying to run 33s the right way. (Please don't hate for the Patagonia's Purchased before seeing all the disapproval in this forum 😅 )

Put on 31s (they will probably rub a bit at full lock), and get a cable shifter for the transfer case (Everyone should have it). Drive it like that for awhile. If you aren't on difficult trails or offroad at all for that matter the 31s will be great and you won't break the bank.
View attachment 303872

View attachment 303871
You lost us at "Patagonia's" 🤣😉