What do I need to put JK wheels on my TJ?

Urbano

Hey friends, buying 2014 stock 17 inch rims to go on my 2002 TJ. What spacers will I need? I’m pretty sure they won’t just bolt on my Jeep. TIA

Oh wow, thanks so much everyone.... I’m hoping it will help soften my ride, lol.... obviously a c rated tire will help as well from what I’ve been told

A C rated tire run at 26 psi with the right shocks will give you an amazing ride!

A C rated tire run at 26 psi with the right shocks will give you an amazing ride!
I think it was you that wrote this in a previous post. I just installed the Rancho rs5000x’s and just ordered new springs to go with new front end links. Taking it to the mechanic on tues to see what else I may need to sure up the ride

Did any of you have to replace the studs at all for this to properly fit? And do I have to by a whole other kit of four spacers for the spare tire?

Did any of you have to replace the studs at all for this to properly fit? And do I have to by a whole other kit of four spacers for the spare tire?
The spacers have their own studs. You will need an adapter for the spare if you have five matching wheels and tires. You can probably find a single adapter on ebay.

Reactions: Urbano
I think it was you that wrote this in a previous post. I just installed the Rancho rs5000x’s and just ordered new springs to go with new front end links. Taking it to the mechanic on tues to see what else I may need to sure up the ride

Yeah, with that setup it should ride excellent!

3E49352B-B81D-4A5B-A326-E6F68A0D4F25.jpeg
3E49352B-B81D-4A5B-A326-E6F68A0D4F25.jpeg
Hey guys/ gals.... this is the 17 inch rim I got with 32 in tires. How wide of a tire can I go with before having trouble turning/rubbing. This one is a 265/70r17

I used 2" spacers and love the look. I can turn all day and have zero rub. It clears by about 3/8" with the factory Goodyears. Now I need the wider flares to match!

Tim

I was told I can fit 285 65R 17 on my 17 x 7.5 stock rim.... can anyone confirm this? I’d like i more aggressive tire for the look of my tj. Doubt I can find a C rated tire at this size.... gonna have to sacrifice something I guess

I was told I can fit 285 65R 17 on my 17 x 7.5 stock rim.... can anyone confirm this? I’d like i more aggressive tire for the look of my tj. Doubt I can find a C rated tire at this size.... gonna have to sacrifice something I guess
Anyone?

I don't know offhand what the load rating is on the Mud Tires that were stock on those rims but I do know they rode like crap. The tires you have on the rims now are one of the best riding tires I've ever driven on. You should try them if they are viable before you toss them in favor of something else. You might just decide that you don't care as much how it looks as how it rides.

I don't know offhand what the load rating is on the Mud Tires that were stock on those rims but I do know they rode like crap. The tires you have on the rims now are one of the best riding tires I've ever driven on. You should try them if they are viable before you toss them in favor of something else. You might just decide that you don't care as much how it looks as how it rides.
Thank you, ride is most important for sure as I’m keeping suspension as stick as possible

The spacers have their own studs. You will need an adapter for the spare if you have five matching wheels and tires. You can probably find a single adapter on ebay.
You will need longer studs if your adapter is thicker than 1.25". I bought 1.5" adapters and the original studs were 1/4" too short. I've heard if you go less than 1.25", you'll need to grind the studs a bit.