What do I need to put JK wheels on my TJ?

You will need longer studs if your adapter is thicker than 1.25". I bought 1.5" adapters and the original studs were 1/4" too short. I've heard if you go less than 1.25", you'll need to grind the studs a bit.
That is likely due to a poorly designed spacer. The distance from the back face to the countersink for the lug nut should be about in the same spot regardless of spacer thickness. To do it different is silly.

Reactions: Irun
MonkeyMike I just put (2 inch 5x4.5 1/2x20 to 5x5 M14x1.5 lugs) hub centric custom wheel adapters on my TJ to run Gladiator Mojave wheels with 285/70/17 Wildpeak M/T. Drove it 2 days now with no problems. I'll post pics if your interested

D8AC1A38-EFE1-4294-AC5E-826261A54A92.jpeg

8C9215D8-3A3D-4BC1-8EA8-DB1C6A83BBE9.jpeg

Last edited:
That is likely due to a poorly designed spacer. The distance from the back face to the countersink for the lug nut should be about in the same spot regardless of spacer thickness. To do it different is silly.
I ran 1 1/2" spacers on my Sahara with rear disc brakes for a while. I had to swap out the rear studs because the originals were too short and the lug nuts only threaded on about half way. I ended up getting front studs and they were the right length for the rear. Also, later on when I got my wheels and ditched the spacers, the studs are still short enough that the closed end lug nuts will tighten the wheels properly.