What do I need to run 33x12.5 tires with no off-roading?

Regearing is the best mod ever for ONroad drivability. I said yesterday how much I loved the gears.

I am currently running 31" tires with 3.55 gear, and i honestly dont mind it much.. so am thinking that the extra few inch from 31" to 33" wont make a big difference. Am i wrong??

I am currently running 31" tires with 3.55 gear, and i honestly dont mind it much.. so am thinking that the extra few inch from 31" to 33" wont make a big difference. Am i wrong??
Just try it. I lived with mine a year. Yes, it will make a big difference. Even now your gearing is not optimal. Maybe you won’t care

Drop tire size 1"
I use Mickey Thompson 32X12.5 R15 on stock tj no rubbing. Got great deal 4 tires with steel rims balanced and shipped $879.00. I only drive on the beach and trails. Not for rock climbing
My profile Pic show tires

Reactions: myjeep3
The Jeep won't blow up from the crappy gearing. Plenty of people do it and still live mostly fulfilling lives.

What often happens is that those people rationalize it and crappy gearing becomes the new normal. That new normal and the defense of it just reenforces this false idea that Jeeps are inherently slow and behave poorly.

Reactions: mgroeger
The Jeep won't blow up from the crappy gearing. Plenty of people do it and still live mostly fulfilling lives.

What often happens is that those people rationalize it and crappy gearing becomes the new normal. That new normal and the defense of it just reenforces this false idea that Jeeps are inherently slow and behave poorly.

I personally think it all come down to how the jeep is being used. If pulling trailers etc, then maybe. But for a quick ride to the store cruising at 30 miles per hr dont think will hurt much.
Maybe those who have a 3.55 gear with 33" can shine some light on this

I personally think it all come down to how the jeep is being used. If pulling trailers etc, then maybe. But for a quick ride to the store cruising at 30 miles per hr dont think will hurt much.
Maybe those who have a 3.55 gear with 33" can shine some light on this

All I can tell you is that I was getting tired of my 4.10 gears with 33s on my daily driver. 3.73, 3.55, 3.07 wouldn't have been any more tolerable, imo.

Drop tire size 1"
I use Mickey Thompson 32X12.5 R15 on stock tj no rubbing. Got great deal 4 tires with steel rims balanced and shipped $879.00. I only drive on the beach and trails. Not for rock climbing
My profile Pic show tires

May consider running a 32" tire if wll make a difference. Right now am running 31×10 no issues. See pic below.

20190811_150639.jpg