What do these wires go to?!

Schwifty Rich

TJ Enthusiast
I just got a 2003 Rubicon and was trying to clean it out. I took out the center console pieces and was about to start hosing it out and i noticed there are 2 wires that don't connect to anything. I think one is supposed to connect to the E brake because it doesn't beep or light up when engaged while moving.ive tried to follow the wiring diagrams but it's no help for me. You can see the two connectors behind and to the left of the brake.

While I've got your attention what are the wires that should branch off the main bunch normally?
IMG_2163.JPG

That provides 12v power to the shift indicator light when there's an automatic transmission. It's there even if the Jeep came with the 5-speed transmission.

Thanks for the help!
Are you saying they both do or just the bigger one? Is there something the connects to the E brake in terms of wiring to ensure the indicator turns in the dash? It lights up ot start up but that's it.
Thanks again!

Thanks for the help!
Are you saying they both do or just the bigger one? Is there something the connects to the E brake in terms of wiring to ensure the indicator turns in the dash? It lights up ot start up but that's it.
Thanks again!

I’ve been wanting to add a light to the inside of my console. Mine is a manual so if the power is already there I could use that? I would only need it at night anyway. Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk