What do we do for a living?

UPJOHN

TJ Enthusiast
40 years ago I went to college to be an auto tech. I worked as a mechanic for a year, then got a job in the automotive dept. at the college. I did that for 13 years and ended in the maintenance dept. as a janitor/maintenance guy. I work afternoons cleaning offices. It's a relaxing job.

My background is in IT; specifically QA and PL/SQL development since 1999. I'm currently a Lead Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) for a private IT company that specializes in building both software and back-end data repositories for the Government (State and Federal) healthcare industry. I manage a small team of DBAs and developers. I absolutely love my job.

Mechanical engineering (plumbing/HVAC/elec) design schools, jails, churches, banks..etc since 1995. Went to NCA&TSU for architectural engineering but ended up doing mechanical.

Took a break in 2005 and went into contracting, but grew bored and came back in 2009 to the same firm I started with.

Background, Construction Engineering & Business Admin.
Work, Commercial Kitchen Design, Bridge Construction, Tender Management, Building Supply Management... plus a lot of truck driving.

Today I drive my TJR daily for work.

DSC_0003.jpg

Was a residential carpenter for about 8 years, then got into Wireless Construction (Cell phone towers) in 1996, been working in Construction Management in Wireless Telecom since 1999. I currently work for the largest tower owner in the US, covering Southern Ohio, Western WV, and KY.

Reactions: Chris
Currently I manage a candy store full time, I do IT work and code/design Websites on the side. I occasionally work for my dad's friends as a equipment driver and I also work for Parks and Recreation as a daycare teacher and I fill in various positions for them.

I'm only nineteen so no real career although I will be a flight attendant for American Airlines when I turn 20, which is exciting.

Currently I manage a candy store full time

I couldn't do that, way too much of a sweet tooth, I'd go crazy!

I'm only nineteen so no real career although I will be a flight attendant for American Airlines when I turn 20, which is exciting.

You pretty much have one of the most badass vehicles possible for only being nineteen, congrats!

I couldn't do that, way too much of a sweet tooth, I'd go crazy!

You pretty much have one of the most badass vehicles possible for only being nineteen, congrats!
I've been working here for about 3 and a half years, I have a huge sweet tooth but I get tired of our stuff. I am a huge oriental sweet junkie so I order in a lot of stuff.

And yeah, the jeep is my baby now. I am so in love with it as a vehicle.

Started turning wrenches on farm equipment in the mid 70s, went to Nashville in 1979 and started working on class 8 and 10 over the road trucks and trailers until the early 90s. Worked on forklifts and cranes until 2001 at the largest rigging company in Nashville and at LOWES home improvement center vehicle maintenance dept. , been doing industrial maintenance since then in 2 different Boat plants (Astro Procraft and Stratos) that both moved out of TN and now in a commercial bakery that makes the sourdough bread for Cracker Barrel restaurant's.

Jason

Outside electronic sales... been involved in electronics from technical to sales for 49 years now. Military/commercial 2-way RF communications, supercomputers, and now large scale commercial security/access control/video surveillance, and fire protection systems.

Started out as an Aircraft fitter in the mid sixties, first with the Military (Navy) and then a couple of civil operators.
Re trained in the early eighties as a Transport Refrigeration and Air Conditioning engineer. Had my own business and became involved in the service of Motorhome habitation, Lpg and Mains electrical which I did up to a fortnight ago when I retired.

Retired Correctional officer Sgt.28 yrs Ma.prison system , Raised my Beautiful daughter Sophmore in college now & so now it's time for my toy 04 Rubicon Mod to Max! Now I currently door flooring inspections for Lowes home improvement chain Southeast New England Life is Good so Jeep .

Semi retired now after almost 44 years in mechanical construction, mostly heat transfer in and around the NYC/North Jersey area. I wander into the office 3 days a week now and get to play the old guy who is supposed to have all the answers. It's a nice roll for now until I sell the house and make the move to the Oregon coast, hopefully within the next 18 months.